11 Items That Are Bound To Be in a Fall Closet

11 Items That You're Bound To Find in a Fall Closet

From boots to denim jackets, a list that will find its way into every girl's closet.

116

Since the weather has significantly dropped to the fifties and my walks to class have suddenly turned into sprints, I decided to exchange my summer wardrobe for fall in hopes of bringing a little more warmth to my 8:30 "stroll" to philosophy. Fall fashion is THE topic during the months of September through November and everyone seems to love to gush about what's new and becoming in the fall trends. In addition to constantly searching for the latest fall pieces to overflow your closet, I'm sure you always include these 11 classic fall items that, in my opinion, will never go out of style.

1. Bean Boots

These L.L. Bean classics have been around forever! In fact, my first pair came from the depths of my mom's closet. They're perfect to wear with skinny jeans, or you can accent them with tall socks to add a pop of color.

2. Timberland Boots

These boots are a fall staple and the perfect versatile shoe. Wear them hiking, in the rain, in the mud, or just as the ideal fall accessory.

3. Ankle Booties 

These shoes are the perfect way to spice up your fall attire. I have a pair in brown and black, so I have a go-to for every outfit.

4. Black Leggings 

Every girl has 'em. And in abundance, of course. My favorite black leggings are torn and overused, but I can't seem to part with them! Leggings are great because they can be dressed up or dressed down for every occasion - not to mention they're super comfortable.

5. Scarves

Scarves and fall go hand-in-hand, as they bring style and color to an outfit, especially when it can get lost under a bulky jacket. Whether it's wool, cashmere, cotton, or linen, each scarf is unique and accents an outfit in a different way.

6. Turtlenecks 

I hated them as a kid, but now during the fall I can't get enough of my chunky-neck sweaters! You've basically got a built-in scarf and the result is the perfect top to add to leggings or jeans.

7. Fuzzy Socks

The second October hits, I break out my collection of fuzzy socks. These are what I reach for when curling up on the couch to watch movies ... or, if we're being realistic, to do homework. Either way, they keep your feet warm and easily embellish an outfit.

8. Vests 

Layering is the epitome of fall fashion, and the vest acts as the ideal top layer for any fall outfit. It gives a pop of color to any ensemble and is perfect for the warmer days of fall.

9. Army Jackets 

Army jackets are a great feminine twist on the classic cargo jacket. Army green is a signature fall color and can complete any outfit. My favorite army jacket is from Free People and has studded sleeves that accent the jacket and add a touch of pigmentation.

10. Flannels 

Flannels are the definition of fall and can be tied into any outfit. Layer them, wear them natural, or tie them around your waist, whatever works with your style!

11. Denim Jackets 

Denim jackets are ideal for the warmer days of fall. They can be added to any outfit and are always accessible. The greatness of a denim jacket goes beyond its main function because it can be incorporated into all fashion styles.