If You're Not Born In The Top 10%, Face It, You Don't Stand A Chance

Society is divided into a bell curve. At one end, the top 10% in terms of wealth (CEOs, cooperate heads, executives at conglomerates) and at the other end, the bottom 10% (people living on and making less than $20,000 a year) and in the middle is a massive wide hump representing the 80%, or the middle class, the mediocre, the people expected to do the 9 to 5 desk jobs, underpaid, overworked, and most likely unhappy.

The top 10% are the ones that get access to the most exclusive schools and eventually the most well-paid jobs. These are the people who will continue to widen the gap that makes sure that the majority of the wealth remains at the top and the measly 20%-30% that remains will be distributed amongst the massive majority who will in turn mistakenly blame the lower 10% for their financial woes and lack of benefits rather than the real culprits. Instead, we (the majority) will put the people in the top 10% or at least people in their periphery (their lawyers, associates, employees, etc.) into public office where there will only ever create legislation that is cut infrastructure that is key to the survival of the middle and lower class (transit, schools, healthcare, etc.) and instead eliminate any money flow to anywhere except the same corporate pockets that impoverished people in the first place.

Some might argue that these people at the top have earned their position, that they are experts and are deserving of their net worths. In actuality, the people at the top are there by mere association and privilege that comes with their background. It is a classic case of nepotism. Often the incredible notes on these people, including the Ivy League schools, stellar philanthropy work, and languages spoken are the result of skewed and biased aspects of our culture, including honoring legacy in college admission (or sometimes taking straight-up bribes), having in-house "charities" as a way to excuse faulty business practices and/or sequester funds, and of course access to the greatest schools, tutors, coaches, healthcare, etc. It's a really screwed up circle of life, they've had it better than we've had since day one. In other words, we don't stand a chance.