10 Books You Need To Read Right Now

10 Books You Need To Read Right Now

In my opinion, these books are definitely worth a read.

31
10 Books You Need To Read Right Now

When there are so many books to read, it's hard to know where to start, but this top 10 list makes it simple to choose. Listed are books that are the right book for everyone that include fiction and nonfiction that range from, autobiographies, romance, dystopian books, and more. I can guarantee that you will find the book that will become your favorite on this list.

1. The Hate You Give by Angie ThomasĀ 

Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor back neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend, Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed.

Soon afterward, Khalil's death is a national headline. When it becomes clear the police have little interest in investigating the incident, protesters take to the streets and Starr's neighborhood becomes a war zone. What everyone really wants to know is: What really happened that night? And the only person who alive who can answer that is Starr.

2. We Are All Made Of Molecules by Susan Nielsen

Thirteen-year-Stewart is trying to be old Stewart is academically brilliant but socially clueless. Fourteen-year-old Ashley is the undisputed It Girl in her class, but her grades stink. Their worlds are about to collide when Stewart and his dad move in with Ashley and her mom. Stewart is trying to be 89.9 percent happy about it, but Ashley is 110 percent horrified. They are complete opposites, yet they have one thing in common: they - like everyone else - are made of molecules.

3. Nerve by Jeanne Ryan

Vee is used to being behind the scenes, working as a stagehand for her school's theater program. But after years of walking in her best friend's shadow - she decides it's high time to break out of her shell and do something radical. That's when Vee makes up her mind to attempt a harmless dare for the popular online game show, Nerve. But one challenge only leads to another, and the prizes are too enticing to resist.

After she's partnered with the gorgeous Ian, who's not afraid to go for the grand prize, Vee is determined to stay in the game. When the competition turns deadly, will she risk their lives for the chance of a lifetime, or will she lose Nerve?

4. Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Pattillo Beals

In 1957, Melba Pattillo turned sixteen. That was also the years she became a warrior on the front lines of a civil rights firestorm. Following the landmark 1954 Supreme Court ruling, Brown vs. Board of Education, Melba was one of the nine teenagers chosen to integrate Little Rock's Central High School.

Throughout her harrowing ordeal, Melba was taunted by her schoolmates and their parents, threatened by a lynch mob's rope attached with lighted sticks of dynamite and injured by acid sprayed in her eyes. But through it all, she acted with dignity and courage and refused to back down.

5. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

A horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

As Jacob explores its decaying bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that Miss Peregrine's children were more than just peculiar. Somehow - impossible though it seems - they may still be alive.

6. Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott, Tobias Iaconis, & Mikki Daughtry

Stella likes to be in control - even though her totally out of control lungs have sent her in and out of the hospital most of her life. At this point, what Stella needs to control most is her distance from anyone or anything that might pass along an infection and jeopardize the possibility of a lung transplant. The only thing Will wants to to be in control of is getting out of this hospital.

Will could not care less about his treatments or a fancy new clinical trial. Will is exactly what Stella needs to stay away from. But suddenly six feet doesn't feel like safety, it feels like punishment. What if they could steal back just a little bit of the space their broken lungs have stolen from them? Would five feet apart really be so dangerous if it stops their hearts from breaking too?

7. 1984

In 1984, London is a grim city in the totalitarian state of Oceania where Big Brother is always watching you and the Thought Police can practically read your mind. Winston Smith is a man in grave danger for the simple reason that his memory still functions. Drawn into a forbidden love affair, Winston finds the courage to join a secret revolutionary organization called The Brotherhood, dedicated to the destruction of the Party. Together with his beloved Julia, he hazards his life in a deadly match against the powers that be.

8. Mindhunter by John Douglas

During his twenty-five year career with the Investigative Support Unit, Special Agent John Douglas became a legendary figure in law enforcement, pursuing some of the most notorious and sadistic serial killers of our time: the man who hunted prostitutes for sport in the woods of Alaska, the Atlanta child murderer, and Seattle's Green River killer, the case that nearly cost Douglas his life.

As the model for Jack Crawford in The Silence of the Lambs, Douglas has confronted, interviewed, and studied scores of serial killers and assassins, including Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, and Ed Gein, who dressed in his victims' peeled skin. Using his uncanny ability to become both predator and prey, Douglas examines each crime scene, reliving both the killer's and the victim's actions in his mind, creating their profiles, describing their habits, and predicting their next moves.

Now, in chilling detail, the legendary Mindhunter takes us behind the scenes of some of his most gruesome, fascinating, and challenging cases -- and into the darkest recesses of our worst nightmares.

9. Titanic Survivor by Violet Jessop

Violet Jessop's life is an inspiring story of survival. Born in 1887 in Argentina, the eldest child of Irish immigrants, at the age of 21 she became the breadwinner for her widowed mother and five siblings when she commenced a career as a stewardess and nurse on some of the most famous ocean-going vessels of the day. Throughout her 40 year time at sea, she survived an unbelievable series of events including the sinking of the Titanic.

By the end of her story, we have met a woman who could handle whatever life threw at her with determination and good humor. She knew that only by her own strength of character would she survive. But Titanic Survivor is much more. A unique autobiography for those who want to know how it really felt, a story that could be told only by a Titanic Survivor.

10. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I'm allergic to the world.I don't leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla. But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door.

I look out my window, and I see him. He's tall, lean and wearing all blackā€”black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly. Maybe we can't predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It's almost certainly going to be a disaster.