10 Books That Readers Want To Come To The Big Screen

There are many amazing books in the world that have been made into great movies, just as there are many books that haven't yet.

40

There are many amazing books in the world that have been made into great movies, just as there are many books that haven't yet. I know, most of the times the books are better than the movies (not always though), but even when the books are better the movies can be enjoyable. I honestly can love the movie, even though I thought that book was way better. I just like to see how the world is brought alive on the screen. I've collected some titles that I would like to see on the big or small screen. I've only included novels I have personally read, of course.

1. "Cinder" - Marissa Meyer

"Cinder" is the first novel in a quartet of futuristic retellings. Cinder is a cyborg and lives in a world terrorized by a plague. She meets the prince of her federation and becomes friends with him. During the books, she discovers more and more things about herself and the world around her. "Cinder" is the first book and a retelling of Cinderella. Scarlet, a Little Red Riding Hood retelling, comes second. After that Cress (Rapunzel) and Winter (Snow White). This would work great as a series of movies.

2. "Red Queen" - Victoria Aveyard

I also choose the movie format for this series. Mare has red blood, you may think that sounds normal, but in her world, it means 'less than the others'. In a world where the red-blooded are normal and silver-blooded are the ones with powers Mare is just a normal girl who joins the resistance when her brother died in the field. But when Mare discovers she has powers of her own, despite her red blood, everything gets turned upside down. Red Queen is the first novel in a quartet that will be concluded in early 2018. The " Red Queen" series consists of "Red Queen", "Glass Sword", "King's Cage" and the forthcoming "War Storm".

3. "Throne of Glass" - Sarah J Maas

A series based on the "Throne of Glass" series is already in the works and I think that'll work out. Although the movie format would also have been great for this series, I think a series is also gonna work and I'm excited to see what's going to happen.

Celaena Sardothien is an assassin locked up in the working mines until the captain of the royal guard gets her out and makes her compete in a contest to be the royal assassin. But that doesn't go as planned in a world where once was magic until it disappeared. The series consists of "Throne of Glass", "Crown of Midnight", "Heir of Fire", "Queen of Shadows", "Empire of Storms", "Tower of Dawn" and the forthcoming last novel in the series. It also has a prequel novel called "The Assassin's Blade".

4. "An Ember In The Ashes" - Sabaa Tahir

About this one I do have some doubt, I'm not sure it'll work on the big screen but I would like to see. This novel is based on the Roman Empire and revolves around a scholar girl and a soldier of the empire. Their paths cross and their fates are mixed together. Set in a world with dangerous and unknown magic and a controlling empire that wants to rule the world. It consists of "An Ember In The Ashes", "A Torch Against The Night", "A Reaper At The Gates" and the last (still untitled) novel in the series.

5. "Shadow & Bone" - Leigh Bardugo

The first book in Grish-verse would do great on the big screen. It follows Alina Starkov who suddenly discovers she is on the rarest and most powerful Grisha in the universe. The Darkling takes her to the palace and learns her more about her traits. But does he mean well or does he just want her for his own benefit? The trilogy contains "Shadow & Bone", "Seige & Storm" and "Ruin & Rising".

6. "Six Of Crows" - Leigh Bardugo

A spin-off of the Original Grisha trilogy. I'm not gonna tell you much about it because that would spoil the other books. But it would be amazing as a movie and I just need it in my life. It revolves around six unusual people who go on an impossible heist. It's very character-centric and it is amazing. The sequel is called "Crooked Kingdom".

7. "Illuminae" - Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman

An unusual sci-fi novel that I really can't explain. Would do great on film and tv, but my preference goes out to TV I think. The sequel is called "Gemina" and the last novel in this trilogy, "Obsidio", will come out early next year.

8. "Caraval" - Stephanie Garber

One of the biggest hits of 2017 was "Caraval"! A novel set around a mysterious carnival called Caraval. Where nothing is as it seems. Our protagonist goes with her sister, but her sister disappears, and she discovers that the only way to win her back is to play the game. Would be great on the big screen.

9. "The Selection" - Kiera Cass

A romance book series that has been opted for TV twice already, but has been declined also twice. But honestly, it just needs to happen. America Singer is chosen as a contestant in 'The Selection', a contest with a price, being a queen. It's a way to escape the caste system and her poverty, but also takes her away from her first love. The Original trilogy consists of "The Selection", "The Elite" and "The One".

10. "Beautiful Creatures" - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

This has already been made into a movie, but it was terrible. It did not follow the plot at all and did things that just didn't make any sense. The casting was amazing, so it could have been great. But the screenplay just should have been more what the book was. Because honestly the books were great and really original! The sequels are called "Beautiful Darkness", "Beautiful Chaos" and "Beautiful Redemption".