6 Books For The Person Who Doesn't Like To Read

You'll be a bookworm in no time

124
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-on-hammock-reading-book-1097177/

I get it when people say they don't like to read...kind of. I guess understand people not having time to read and things like that, but I don't really understand when people don't LIKE to read. From what I've been told by people in my life who don't like to read, they can't get interested in the book, can't find a genre they like, or would rather be doing something else. I think that all comes down to not having the right book. So, if you don't like to read, but are willing to give reading for pleasure a shot, I've compiled this short list just for you.

1. "Different Seasons" by Stephen King

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

So this one isn't actually a novel, but it's a book of four novellas. I think this is could be the perfect place to start, though, for people who have a hard time sticking with an entire book. Since it's comprised of novellas, you get to read a mini book then you can take a break between the stories. And this one includes two of his most famous novellas, "The Body" and "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption," which were adapted into wildly successful movies ("Stand By Me" and "The Shawshank Redemption"), so if you're looking for a story you already like, this one's for you.

2. "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

I will always recommend this book to people whether they like to read or not. It's a really quick read and I've never met anyone who didn't like something about it. Following Charlie through a series of letters he writers to an anonymous recipient, you can experience the navigation of adolescent life and people all trying to find their place in the world. It feels so much like real life that you're bound to connect with the characters and you'll even have your heartstrings tugged by the end.

3. "We Have Always Lived in the Castle" by Shirley Jackson

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

Shirley Jackson is the queen of suspense and thrills. She helped usher in horror as we know it today and all of her work in incredibly clever. "We Have Always Lived in the Castle" is another relatively short book, so you shouldn't have too much trouble with it dragging. The book is told from Merricat Blackwood's point of view and readers quickly learn that she, her older sister, and their uncle are the only members of her family still alive, shunned by the community. The book as great psychological twists and will keep you on your toes until the end.

4. "Then She Was Gone" by Lisa Jewell

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

Another thriller, this book is riddled with suspense. It's one of the longest on this list, but you'll be so engrossed you won't be able to put it down. It tells the story of Laurel Mack whose daughter, Ellie, never came home from school ten years ago. When Laurel starts a relationship with a new man, she's finally finding happiness again, that is until she meets his daughter who is the spitting image of Ellie. Her new relationship raises questions about what happened to her daughter all those years ago and starts her on a journey of piecing it together. This one will keep you guessing through the final chapter.

5. "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

"The Outsiders" is another book I will forever refer to people. It follows 14-year-old Ponyboy Curtis after he and one of his best friends run into some trouble with a rival gang.In their troubles, Ponyboy contemplates the unjust society he lives in where he considers himself an outsider. The struggles he endures cause Ponyboy to learn that the world is cruel no matter where you come from. This book is another one that's fast paced and you'll want to know how things turn out for the characters you'll inevitably get attached to.

6. "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" by J.K. Rowling

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

You probably already like the movies, so why not read the books? The Harry Potter books are so much more detailed than the movies could ever be and you get to learn even more about the Wizarding World we all know and love. In addition to more detail, you also get more characters. You'll read about great witches and wizards that didn't make the cut for the films. By starting with the first book in the series, you can set off on a magical journey. It's an easy read and exciting no matter how old you are.

I hope you enjoy these recommendations and even find a love for books! Happy reading!