Let's talk about hair.

Let's talk about hair.

Blondes, sorry if it seems I'm coming after you.. I might be. A little bit. NGL.

16
Let's talk about hair.

Let's be honest, us ladies have had our hair done at least once in our lifetimes. Some would even venture to say that it's one of the most relaxing moments in our lives.. Surely it's my go-to relaxation method. But I have some issues (hair-dressers around the world are going to beam with delight reading this!!) that need to be addressed, like yesterday.

What's my first issue? Level 4 or lower ladies begging to become a level 9 or above, in one session. This isn't possible, unless you've somehow managed to have the ultimate hair goddess put the cape around you. Seriously, I've been there. I've rocked level 4 tresses and decided that it was time to don my natural hue, a level 9 blonde. You would think that it would be easy, due to me being so naturally light, right? Nope. Not in the aspect you blonde-to-be's want it to be. I lived for two weeks rocking some seriously bright orange hair, with a short lasting toner on top to minimize my Trump-Do. I knew going in that with hair that dark, one session of bleach was going to lighten so much. I was going to have to deal with the orange to maintain healthy hair in between sessions, and even if it wasn't my best look, I made it my look.

Second issue, returning customers who are horrified with their blonde hue after the first week or two. *Insert comparable complaint here*

"OH MY GOD, YOU RUINED MY HAIR. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BLONDE AND NOW ITS YELLOW!"

Honey. Bleached blonde hair is going to turn yellow, no doubt about that. The hairdresser did their job, gave you blonde hair to strut out of the salon with. The most important aspect about blonde hair isn't how it looks when you leave the salon, but what you do afterwards, at home. There's this handy little bottle that every blonde should know of, and that is purple shampoo. I don't care what brand you use, as long as the shampoo is deeply violet and you make sure that you leave it in for the recommended amount of time. The next question you have to ask yourself is, did I let my hair rest for a few days after getting it bleached, or did I scrub-a-dub-dub in the shower within a 48 hour period? You gotta let those natural oils come back girl. Oily hair is annoying, somewhat unattractive, but you have to let your hair rest and regenerate after being stripped of color and nutrients. You're putting all this money into having someone else take care of your hair, but are you putting in the money to maintain its beauty at home?

Brad Mondo, this is for you. In every video I've watched of his, he is constantly cringing at the sight of girls at home putting bleach directly onto their roots and then working downward. Why is that a problem? (Other than the fact that this delicate process is happening at home, with no professional in sight…) "The roots generate heat from the scalp causing the roots to process faster than the ends of the hair causing hot roots." (Brad Mondo, literally every video I've watched of his). Better yet, I'm going to end this paragraph because I don't endorse bleaching hair at home, unless you plan on doing everything wrong and want to give Mr.Mondo and viewers like me a good cringe. Put the bleach down, and make an appointment with your salon. Please. For the love of your hair… and your bank account, because girl you're gonna need a color correction afterward.

Another issue I have, bleaching your hair and NEVER buying a deep conditioner. I'm telling you, you need it, like yesterday. First, it smells amazing. Second, it literally is like a paste that nicely tells your hair "I'm sorry, please forgive me, and close that cuticle while you're at it.. please?". Seriously, it's an amazingly inexpensive addition to your hair care routine that you absolutely need. In addition, might as well add that leave-in conditioner too. Nothing wrong with giving your hair all the moisture and post-op (bleach) care it deserves.

Moral of the story here ladies, do some research on what you want done to your hair before you go to the salon. Not only will you thank yourself, but your salon will as well. No one wants to disappoint their clients, but when a client comes in with an unreasonable request, with no background information on what it all entails, I can imagine it can be pretty hard to fulfill their wishes. Finally, if you're going to spend the money on your precious locks, spend that extra money to keep your hair beautiful and shiny when you go home. Not only will it keep you out of the salon for a little longer, but you will be investing in the health and beauty of your hair for a much longer period of time.