Imagine your standing in the middle of a dark tunnel. You've been running for miles, but there's no change. There's no light. There doesn't seem to be a beginning or an end.

Oftentimes, I felt like I was standing alone in the middle of a dark tunnel, unsure of where (or if) it ended. Occasionally, it seemed as if something was slowly sucking the air out of that tunnel, as well as any hope of escaping it's clutches. I was walking blind.

Every time it felt like there was no way out, God would send a little light.

A little reminder that there's so much more than this one moment. That tunnel I thought was endless and only one way suddenly has a side door.

Let me tell you: God's timing is perfect.

This semester has been chalk full of up's and downs, but the blessings and miracles I've experienced have more than made up for it. Finances have been a real struggle this semester, as well as health problems within my family. It seems sometimes that all we have is each other, but we're blessed with friends who remind us that the world keeps spinning, and that we aren't alone.

It's easy to have faith when things are going well in life, but much harder when you're in your lowest points. It's critical we hold onto our faith when it seems we have nothing else to hold on to.

You may not have what you need right now, but blessings rain down when you least expect it. People show up in your life when you aren't looking. You may find yourself rich in areas you never thought you'd be rich in.

JK Rowling wrote, "Happiness can be found if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Happiness and positivity is a choice. Growing up, I was taught to find the lesson in every situation.

Maybe you've failed a class this semester. What are you going to do about it? Are you going to drop out of school and call it quits, or are you going to hold your head high and push on?

Maybe you're dead broke right now and barely living paycheck to paycheck. Are you going to fold in on yourself and let life continue to kick you while you're down, or are you going to persevere to a better life?

Life is one giant mess, and it's up to us to find the gems in the heap. It's up to us to find the lesson God means for us to learn, so that we can live life to the fullest. You may be poor right now, but God will shower you with riches when you least expect it.

Find the light in the tunnel; there is always a way out.