Blessings Outweigh The Bad

Blessings Outweigh The Bad

Beyond thankful and beyond blessed.

24
Blessings Outweigh The Bad
Brianna Spence

I have so much in this life to be thankful for. And although every day I should be thankful, this close to Thanksgiving is the time to share it, I guess. It seems every day we find so much more to complain about than what we find to be thankful for. And in all honesty, that is pretty ridiculous. We have so much that others do not have. And what else is honestly amazing is the fact that each and every one of our lives is so different and so unique. Now, I will try and keep this short, but just remember there is so much out there that we each have to be thankful for.

God:

I wouldn’t have the life I have today without Him. It amazes me daily how He created everything on this planet. Everything from the morning to the evening. Everything from the animals to the people. Truly, without God, we don’t exist. He created everything about the story of my life and I can’t imagine life without knowing Him. The more I live, the more I discover the things He has blessed me with and the more excited I get to see what is next.

Churches:

Flint Hills Christian Church, located in Emporia, Kansas has helped me in more ways than I can count. I am so beyond thankful to have found this church when I began my college adventure at Emporia State. They opened their arms and took me in. And as cliché as that might sound, it’s true. I have been attending there for about three years and cannot imagine going anywhere else. This church has helped me find a support system and a place to continuously grow. I thank God for my College Church.

Redemption Hill, located in Lawrence, Kansas. I am beyond thankful to have found you guys this summer. I had been trying so hard to find a church at home since my childhood church had closed. I am so thankful that I was talking with my pastor of my college church and without a blink of an eye told me to try you. I am beyond thankful because honestly you guys took me in almost immediately. And although this summer it was building to building and an adventure, I am so thankful to have followed you guys. I am beyond excited to see what else you guys teach me this Christmas and Summer break.

Friends:

No matter where I met you and no matter how long I have known you, I seriously have the best friend group. I have met people from all around the world and am thankful for each and every one of them. I have people I know I can run to for a spontaneous adventure, a hug, a laugh, or even a crying session. And I am beyond thankful that God placed the people in my life that He did.

Family:

I have the biggest supporters I know when it comes to my family. And although we don’t always get along, I know that no matter what, you will still be there in the end waiting for me. I am so thankful for the people God placed in my life and called family. I can’t imagine living this adventure and blessing without them.

Education:

I am so thankful that I started my education adventure in Coffeyville at Coffeyville Community College. It was a wonderful beginning and I met so many amazing people. I am thankful that I got involved in theatre again and had an awesome opportunity to join Phi Theta Kappa. I can’t imagine a college adventure without the amazing opportunities I was blessed with during this part of my life.

I am thankful that I chose Emporia State University for the next part of my college adventure. I have gotten to experience so many things during my time at Emporia State. And I can’t imagine my life without this place. I have had some amazing experiences and every day is an adventure. I am so thankful for this place and am beyond excited to see what comes next. Because of this place, I have found an amazing campus organization, an amazing group involved with Emporia State Honors College, and now, Chi Alpha Epsilon, the Honors Organization I was just inducted in.

Coffee, Xenos, and the Inner Bean:

I don’t think I could explain how thankful I am for Xenos without bringing up coffee or the Inner Bean, so why not show my thankfulness for all of these things in the same spot? I am thankful for finding the Inner Bean so early on in my Emporia college adventure. Without it, I wouldn’t have found Xenos, or my current church. I can’t imagine my college adventure in Emporia without being a Xenos officer, being a barista at the Inner Bean, or ladies small group. And, let’s be honest, I would not have made all my late nights and early mornings without coffee.

So, I think this is where I will stop my thankful (letter, rant, whatever you feel like calling it). I hope this reminds you that no matter what is going on your life, we always have something to be thankful for. And, honestly, sometimes the things going on in your life that you are questioning end up being the biggest blessings.