5 Ways To Wear The Blazer Trend For Every Life Situation

5 Ways To Wear This Season's Blazer Trend That Work For Nearly Every Life Situation

Your versatile jacket will be your stylish secret weapon and best friend this fall.

61

As summer slowly begins its descend into cooler temperatures, your wardrobe will need to change like the colors of the leaves.

Biker shorts paired with oversized vintage T-shirts and chunky sneakers were all the rage this past summer season. But what's coming this fall?

The answer: Blazers.

This is not the oversized frumpy dinner jacket middle-aged men wear when they need to dress up.

Think 1980s shoulder pad structure or relaxed comfy cardigan with a modern twist that can be styled to match any occasion.

Here are just a couple of different ways this versatile jacket will be your style secret weapon and best friend this fall.

The Office/Work

@zara

Blazers are not new to the workplace but they have never made too much of an impression. Most of them remained ill-fitted jackets worn for convenience not style.

But, this monochromatic pantsuit will be a must-have trend for this fall season.

This cropped double-breasted maroon blazer with matching pleated pants from ZARA is the perfect structured pantsuit to leave you looking powerful and confident throughout the entire workday.

Paired with some black pumps and layered gold jewelry this look can turn from daytime chic to nighttime sleek while out for an after-work drink.

Happy Hour

@handm

Blazers have their place in the office, a structured jacket is hardly revolutionary. But, what about outside of work?

These typically formal jackets can have a softer edge with the right adjustments which makes them perfect for events like happy hour.

This look from H&M is the perfect example.

Not only is this an affordable option but the pop of pink is the perfect standout shade while grabbing drinks with friends.

By losing the structure, the jacket becomes less harsh and more approachable to garb before meeting friends. Paring the blazer with matching tapered mid-thigh shorts give a fun edge that makes this monochrome look effortlessly stylish.

Rooftop Restaurant/Bar:

Vetta

We've talked bold office looks and casual fits for happy hour. But what about for a nighttime rooftop?

Rooftops have become all the rage across the country because who says no dinner, or drinks, with spanning views of a city skyline?

But, people dress for the occasion.

With this revolutionary belted blazer dress from Vetta, you can look as gorgeous as the view.

Not only does this sustainable blazer dress benefit the environment but it will also be a one-of-a-kind garment in your wardrobe.

The structured collar, buttons, and belt give off a seductively sophisticated "I slipped on my trench coat with nothing under it" vibe that perfectly fits the sleek nighttime vibe rooftops so often maintain.

Brunch

@topshop

Brunch is a weekend ritual for many and although people usually bring last night's hangover with them, sweatpants just don't fly.

This latte colored blazer from Topshop is the perfect piece to enjoy copious amounts of food and mimosas in to relieve a throbbing headache.

Like the photo, paired with a simple top and jean skirt or pants, this oversized jacket will keep you fashional yet comfortable for Sunday morning brunch.

First Date:

@eileenfisher

First dates can be terrifying, but ease those nerves by feeling confident in this beautiful white linen blazer from Eileen Fisher.

Worn with some jeans and a cute blouse this jacket becomes perfect for any day time activity like lunch or a picnic.

If this is an evening date, you can turn this jacket from daytime chic to nighttime sleek by throwing it over a sexy mini dress and making it the perfect cover up.

These were just a couple out of the dozens of ways blazers can be styled to become the hottest trend this fall.

Better hurry and find your new favorite garment before it's too late.