Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday: Which Is The Ultimate Best?

Why go out and get your personal bubble invaded from someone shoving you when you can in your pjs from home?

33
Heidi Sandstrom

It's finally November which means three weeks till break, so bless up. And food, lots of it. But it also means the start of Christmas cheer. Stores have already been in the holiday spirit since October. Which also means the deals for Black Friday shopping and Cyber Monday should start making an appearance here in the following weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.

But, which day for holiday shopping is the best? Is it Black Friday where you stand in lines for hours upon hours or fighting some random person to get the last game station that's in right now? Or is it Cyber Monday where everything is done at a click of a button and you don't even have to step out of the house to deal with crazy people?

Let's start with the Black Friday shopping. The joys of your personal bubble being invaded while others shove their way to get what they want. How exciting does that sound? Many have been successful, but others not so much. Kate Taylor who writes for Business Insider mentioned that in 2015 sales dropped 12%. Stores recycle the same deal every year, no longer putting in as much effort they once did.

The biggest problem I find with Black Friday shopping is it no longer is just a day event that kicks off the holiday season. Many stores begin Black Friday on Thanksgiving Day. Abha Bhattari, a writer for The Washington Post mentioned that far fewer Americans plan to go shopping this year than in previous years. Why is that? Because of company's having discounts and deals throughout the entire year? Amazon Prime Day generated more money than Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined from 2016.

With consumers changing the way they purchase merchandise and technology being such a major role in it all, is Cyber Monday easier to partake in than Black Friday?

Cyber Monday has proved to retail stores how much easier and convenient it has been for consumers. Some stores have even released ads that require shoppers to show up in stores for sales because of the decline in Black Friday shopping.

Cyber Monday has proved to be a win-win for both consumers and retailers. With an improvement in sales as the holiday season begins, the day event continues to grow. But what's so great about it? Well, let me tell you why I think it's better than Black Friday.

For one, you can do it from the comfort of your home. You don't even have to get out of your pajamas. Two, no lines. You don't have to stand in a checkout line for hours end and then deal with a grumpy cashier. Three, no people invade your personal space. Let's be honest, holiday shoppers can be the worst. People will do whatever it takes to get what they need. Last but least, if you missed the Black Friday experience due to work or something, you have the opportunity to utilize Cyber Monday and not fall behind on all your Christmas shopping.

Which holiday shopping day takes the cake? In my opinion, I'd give it to Cyber Monday. But if you're someone who loves shopping amongst the people, all the more to you come Black Friday.