Dear Mom, Thank You For Everything You Do
Moms

It’s such a comfort to know that wherever I go, you’ll be right by my side cheering me on

1811
Melissa Magner

Dear Mom,

I don’t think there is a more appropriate place to start than saying thank you. Thank you for absolutely everything you do for me – for the hours you put aside to help me with whatever it is I am struggling with, for the times you help me out when I don’t have the car, for the many stories, novels, and poems you’ve edited for me, for the pancakes you make at midnight when I’m upset, and for all the times you’ve simply been there just to listen. Thank you for staying up with me when I was a kid while I asked thousands of trivial questions, and thank you for talking with me for hours now when I need it.

Everyday, without fail, you show me how much you care. You take so much time to make sure everything is going right for me (and Jaclyn), and it means the absolute world.

I’m stoked I have a mom like you that shares my taste in books, movies, conversation topics, and food (especially our obsession with chocolate and French Silk ice cream). I love the hikes we take with the dogs and the shows we binge-watch together in front of the fireplace and, of course, I always look forward to spending time with you.

I’m so happy I have you to help me out when I need it, and I’m so grateful that you’re always there to listen to me regardless of what it is I’m saying.

Life can be tough, but with you here to help me, it’s a hundred times less tough than it has to be. Even though it sounds tacky, I always know that I can get through whatever comes my way because I have you.

I love how much you remind me of Grandma as well – how you both laughed at the same jokes and liked the same type of dark Swiss-chocolate. You always say she was such an amazing mom, and I truly believe you embody every bit of her as well. You’re caring, selfless, loving, patient, easygoing, and generous, especially for your family and those you love – just like she was.

For the rest of my life, I know I’ll always have someone to read (and discuss) books with, watch thousands of movies with, have long conversations over a cup of coffee, have a shoulder to lean on when I need it, and feel secure in everything I do. Though I sound like a bit of a broken record, I’m sure, I appreciate it more than words can do justice.

It’s such a comfort to know that wherever I go, you’ll be right by my side cheering me on – always ready to lend a helping hand and always willing to self-sacrifice. I’m so thankful for that. And as your birthday comes around this year, I just wanted to let you know how truly happy I am that you are my mom – every single day of the year and for all the many years to come.

Lots of love,

Melissa