2016 Billboard Music Awards: Who Dominated The Awards Show This Year?

All of the winners from this year's Billboard Music Awards!
1

This past weekend, on Sunday May 22, 2016, The Billboard Music Awards was hosted at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The awards show was hosted by Ludacris and Ciara and 43 awards were given out a wide variety of musicians Sunday night. The night also included a performance from Madonna and Stevie Wonder honoring the late artist, Prince. Kesha also performed Sunday night in an empowering tribute to Bob Dylan. As for the actual awards? Check out the list below!

Billboard Millennium Award: Britney Spears

Fan-Voted Billboard Chart Achievement Award: Rihanna

Top Billboard 200 Album: Adele, 25

Top R&B Album: The Weeknd, Beauty Behind the Madness

Top Rap Album: Meek Mill, Dreams Worth More Than Money

Top Gospel Album: Kirk Franklin, Losing My Religion

Top Christian Album: Lauren Daigle, How Can It Be

Top Country Album: Chris Stapleton, Traveller

Top Soundtrack: Pitch Perfect 2

Top Dance/Electronic Album: Zedd, True Colors

Top Rock Album: twenty one pilots, Blurryface

Top Hot 100 Artist: The Weeknd

Top Female Artist: Adele

Top Male Artist: Justin Bieber

Top Artist: Adele

Top New Artist: Fetty Wap

Top Gospel Artist: Kirk Franklin

Top Christian Artist: Hillsong UNITED

Top R&B Artist: The Weeknd

Top Rap Artist: Drake

Top Touring Artist: Taylor Swift

Top Country Artist: Luke Bryan

Top Latin Artist: Romeo Santos

Top Song Sales Artist: The Weeknd

Top Radio Songs Artist: The Weeknd

Top Streaming Songs Artist: The Weeknd

Top Duo/Group: One Direction

Top Social Media Artist: Justin Bieber

Top Dance/Electronic Artist: David Guetta

Top Rock Artist: twenty one pilots

Top Hot 100 Song: Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth- “See You Again”

Top R&B Song: The Weeknd, “The Hills”

Top Rap Song: Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth, “See You Again”

Top Latin Song: Nicky Jam & Enrique Iglesias, “El Perdon”

Top Country Song: Thomas Rhett, “Die A Happy Man”

Top Gospel Song: Kirk Franklin, “Wanna Be Happy?”

Top Christian Song: Hillsong UNITED, “Oceans (Where Feet May Fall)”

Top Dance/Electronic Song: Major Lazer & DJ Snake feat. MØ, “Lean On”

Top Streaming Song (Audio): The Weeknd, “The Hills”

Top Streaming Song (Video): Silento, “Watch Me”

Top Rock Song: WALK THE MOON, “Shut Up and Dance”

Top Radio Song: WALK THE MOON,”Shut Up and Dance”

Artists like The Weeknd and Adele ruled the Billboard Music Awards with all of their nominations and wins. The list of winners for this year’s Billboard Music Awards seems to be an accurate representation of what late 2015 and early 2016 sounded like. All the songs that were stuck in our heads throughout the past year made their way onto the list of winners somehow. So, were your predictions right and did your favorite artist pull out a win at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards?