Big Brother Episode 9 Recap

Big Brother Episode 9 Recap

Friendship is All Over the BB House

44
Big Brother Episode 9 Recap

How great is Paul? As the only vet, you would think people would be very skeptical of him from the get go. There as only one guy that really wanted to get him out and that was Cody. Paul got him out and now everyone loves him. Yes, he does have three weeks of safety, but honestly he could've probably been okay with out the Pendant of Protection. He is running circles around the whole house right now it is almost border line boring.

We started the night off with the HOH competition in which Elena made a deal with Alex to fall, making Alex the HOH on the condition that the people Elena wanted to keep safe, were kept safe. Once Alex wins, her number one ally Jason is super excited. He goes and tries to convince her to not put up Jessica, but she is not having it. Jason had already talked to Jessica earlier and she basically said she was going to be loyal to them and that they needed band all of the floaters together and take a shot at someone like Matt and Dominique. However, when Jason tries to convince Alex of this, which is a pretty logical argument, she declines and insists that Jessica must go up.

This is just another showing of how Paul is controlling the house. He and Alex have such a tight bond and secret alliance that there had to have been a conversation at some point where Paul had said he wanted a few people protected or it was just common knowledge and Alex doesn't want to rock his ship. Either way, Paul has made her comfortable enough to not take too big of a shot. Alex should've brought Jessica in and made the numbers even. Paul told her about how Cody told him that Mark and Dominique knew about Cody trying to backdoor him and that sent a red flag up for Alex. Alex could've probably put up Mark and Dominique both and have Jessica on her side. She just would have had more options. Yeah she would've broken her deal with Elena, but they already weren't working together before the comp so it probably would not have been too bad.

After Paul talked to Alex about Mark and Dominique, he told Mark and Dom about how Cody told them that to create some paranoia in them. This would cause Mark and Dom both to question Alex and start acting sketchy. This was a brilliant move on Paul's part. His whole deal is that he wants to create some more targets after his safety is up and by throwing that out there, that partially blinds him from everyone's radar. He then talks to Alex more about putting one of Dom and Mark up next to Jessica. Usually when players come out playing this hard, it spells disaster for them mid-season. However, something that Paul is doing that is pretty interesting is that he seems to be thinking in chunks and not the big picture. He needs to keep trying to focus three weeks at a time. He will be able to hang on with his social game and really be able to see what is going on. He also knew about the votes that Kevin and Christmas cast to create some more paranoia and give him targets to hide behind.

We found out how close Ramses and Kevin are tonight and that Kevin really is no slouch. He is really playing both sides and no one is expecting it. One minute, we seem him working with Paul pretty well, then the next he is talking to Alex about her deal and being very trustworthy to her. This kind of game is good for Kevin as long as no one finds out. Christmas also returned tonight and she basically will be in a cast the rest of the summer and she will never have full mobility in her foot. This whole Christmas situation is just so interesting. If this was Survivor, she would be long gone by now. Now it might be not really fair for her to leave the house so frequently because she gets that mental break. Maybe she should get kicked? I don't know. However I do know that Dom and Jessica are on the block and the Veto Comp is going to be very interesting.