Big Brother 19 Premiere Night 1 Recap

Big Brother 19 Premiere Night 1 Recap

A Former House Guest Returns Because of Temptations

32
Big Brother 19 Premiere Night 1 Recap

YOUR BOY IS BACK. After the week or so of rumors, all the questions have been answered and it is official that Paul is back in the house and is here to play. This was the biggest twist of the night and this really set the course for the rest of the episode.

All of the house guests move and do their typical getting to know you shpeel and already attractions are beginning to form. A lot of the guys are of course attracted to Jessica and a lot of the girls are attracted to Matt. There also seems to be sort of an attraction between Mark and Christmas. This is when Julie comes in with the first twist of the season. BB19 is the season of temptations and the first temptation of the season is Money. All of the House Guests are taken to the backyard and tempted with $25,000. Of course the guy that has never watched BB (Kevin) is the one that takes the money. He then decided to start stripping so no one realized that he was the one that took it so that was a little confusing, but some people actually thought it was Cameron? Hopefully this isn't an indication of what is to come from these players.

With Kevin taking the money, the big consequence is that Paul is back in the house. Paul comes in and everyone pretty much likes him except for Cody who just flat out says in the DR that he doesn't like him. Meanwhile, Megan, Ramses, Alex, and Jillian form an alliance upstairs. They say its "just people considering strategy," but no that is an alliance. This is the first night and you are already doing this before everyone starts to settle in? That is a terrible game move. Ramses and Megan are already playing way too hard for comfort. Megan really comes off as a leader and Ramses just seems like he is going to be really antsy and get himself into trouble. This can't be a good strategy for them.

Julie then returns to say that Paul has to choose eight people to give "Friendship" bracelets too. Genius. So Paul goes to a room and each player one by one comes into the room to plead their case to him. He had cheese sandwiches offered to him, people fanning out over him, and then some awkward interactions. The main one was Cody. It was very clear he did not like Paul. The best one though has to be Josh. He came in and told Paul that In the end, Paul decided to save Ramses, Raven, Matt, Dominique, Alena, Jessica, Kevin, and Jason. This left Jillian, Christmas, Cameron, Cody, Alex, Megan, Josh, and Matt to battle it out in a comp. In retrospect, I think these were the best choices for Paul. He kept it even between girls and guys. He picked a couple of physical threats to have on his side that he had confidence in. Plus the people he saved seemed not as smart as the ones that were put in the competition.

One by one contestants fell and were forced to choose an apple that revealed if they were safe or not. 3 apple were not safe. This was an interesting comp because there was people that dropped strategically so they wouldn't look like they were a threat. In the end, Cody won the competition with outlasting Alex who gave a surprising performance. The people that got the bad apples were Christmas, Jillian, and Cameron. One thing that I think will be of note in the competition was that Cody tried to get Alex to drop and she told him that she hoped he "ate s**t." Cody is going to be an emotional player and my prediction is that Alex and Paul are going to be on the block if Cody wins the first HoH.

The three people with the bad apples then got to choose how they wanted to determine their fate, a vote or a comp. With a decision that shocked the world, Christmas was the deciding vote for a vote to be held. This is so bold and so risky especially for the first night. Either Christmas just wasn't thinking or she actually had such a good pulse on the house that she knew she wasn't going to be voted out. If it were me in the house, she would have been target #1 just because of her looks and physicality. It will be interesting to see if we get any explanation of why she wanted to have a vote tomorrow night. We see Cameron doing the most campaigning and even goes as far as to do a strip tease in front of Jessica and Aleana to try to save him. In the end, Christmas got two votes. Cameron got 8 votes and Jillian got 3 votes making Cameron the first person evicted from the Big Brother house and joining Jodi and Glenn as the third person to leave the show on the first night.

I feel for Cameron, but he already just seemed to nervous and nerdy for everyone. He just couldn't shake that nerd stereotype. Paul being in the house is great because he is personally one of my favorite players, but it would have been nice to have an all new players season. Some of the best season were full of newbies and it makes you wonder if they will ever go back to that. Christmas also was really baffling tonight. Her pitch to Paul was that she was triple threat player. This was not good a move on her part and that is why she did not get a bracelet. She just showed her cards. There then was the whole vote thing that everyone is curious about. There are some great characters on this season that are going to be really fun to watch as well. With the HOH comp tomorrow, the game will really begin.

We also learned about the Temptation Den in which America will vote one player to go in and they will be tempted with something. This week it will be the Pendant of Protection where it will keep that House Guest safe for the first three weeks, but at a cost. Let's be honest that this is going to Paul hands down. This could be a really interesting twist this season, but really why aren't we just calling it Pandora's Box because that basically is what it is? This season is going to have a lot of different moving parts, but it is shaping up to be another great summer.