Bible Verses to Read If You're Having a Hard Time

In these difficult times, it may be tough to hold onto faith, but God reminds us repeatedly in the Bible that He's by our side.

39

Deuteronomy 31:6,8

6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. 8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

God tells us to not be afraid in the face of adversity and to not be afraid of our enemies and the pain they could inflict on us because He promises to never abandon us in any tribulation.

Philippians 4:6-7

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

God tells us that we should not have an anxious heart. He informs us that, through prayer and reading the Bible, He will give us understanding and guidance through troubling times in our lives. All we have to do is ask Him with pure intentions.

Deuteronomy 33:27-28

27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.

In this verse, the phrase "eternal God" and "everlasting arms" refer to God as infinity. As in that He will never die and that He will always be with you, so you should have no fear of being abandoned. Just as God is eternal, through your belief in Him, you will be eternal in Heaven with Him.

Psalm 34:17

17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.

God promises those who do their best to obey Him are promised to be protected and cast away from problems they face.

Isaiah 41:10

10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

God promises to help us through any hardships we may experience, as long as we put our trust in Him and His will for us.

Exodus 15:2

2 "The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."

This Bible verse, spoken by Moses, shows the faith that he has put in God to help him through times of trouble. Moses serves as a good example for us to trust in God the way he did through adversity. In the book of Exodus, we see God deliver and help Moses and the Israelites from the Egyptians on multiple occasions. If He helped Moses, He will help you too.

Proverbs 18:10

10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.

God promises safety to those who seek and take refuge in Him.

Psalm 9:9-10

9 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. 10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

God does not promise us that we will never experience pain, but He does promise that when we do, He will not leave the side of those who trust His will.

Romans 8:18

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

This Bible verse refers to the joy that we will experience in Heaven. God tells us that the pain we feel now will be insignificant to the eternal joy that is to come.

John 16:33

33 "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

God let's us know that, no matter how hard life may get, He is in control. Through, praying, reading, and understanding His word, He will give us peace of mind as He is the only one that can.

Romans 5:3-4

3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope.

God reminds us that there is purpose to our pain and that we do not suffer in vain. Through difficult times, we learn lessons that He uses to help us grow into a stronger individual.