BIble Verses To Combat Loneliness

BIble Verses To Combat Loneliness

God will never leave our side.
31

As I rounded the hallway corner towards my dorm room, heading back from the bathroom to another night of cuddling with my stuffed animals and Netflix, I spotted my friends walking with their backs away from me. I opened my mouth to call out "Hey!" but then hesitated. Their hair was all curled, they all wore bodycon dresses and high heels, and I heard them shout things like "Text the group text!" and "I can't wait to go out!"

They were about to go out, and I had never even known about it, let alone been invited.

When you're feeling lonely and left out, it can be pretty easy to feel, well, alone. It seems like everyone else is out having fun with all of their friends, and you're the only one feeling dejected. But I assure you, everyone experiences loneliness from time to time. It's how you handle the loneliness that could set you apart.

There are a billion ways to combat loneliness and meet new people, and I'm sure you've heard them all before. "Go join a club" or "Knock on someone's door"--blah blah blah. One thing I like to do is turn to God. God will never abandon you, He will never put you through more than you can handle, and He will always be willing to give your prayers His full attention. Through prayer, God will help fill any voids in your life. Here are some Bible phrases I always turn to when I'm feeling down and in need of someone to turn to:

Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Psalm 68:6 God sets the lonely in families, he leads out with singing, but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

John 16:33 I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Proverbs 18:24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Take a moment to remember that no matter what happens, no matter how many nights you spend in by yourself or how many days you experience FOMO, God will always and no matter what be there to comfort you, listen to you, and heal your anxieities.