5 Bible Verses For College Students

5 Bible Verses For College Students

When times get tough, the Bible is a great place to turn to.

45
5 Bible Verses For College Students
Sydney MacMann

1 Psalm 25:8-9

"Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way."

This verse reminds us of God's goodness. His goodness is shown to us in so many ways, one being he keeps us humble. Before any other title, you are a child of God. Do not lose sight of this!

Romans 15:1-2 

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up."

Everyone has told me that college are your "selfish years". It is so easy to get caught up in your own struggles and journey, however God calls us to be a friend. Your journey will be much more fruitful if you surround yourself with the right people. When I read this verse, it reminds me of one of the first friends I made in college, Elizabeth Peeler. She is a true friend and it is so easy to see God working in her.

Psalm 116:7

"Return, O my soul, to your rest, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you."

You can get the perfect amount of sleep every night and you will still not feel rested. For me, the only way to feel 100 percent rested is to rest in Jesus. My personal favorite thing to do is to have a good prayer session and to listen to some good worship music.

1 Corinthians 10:13

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. "

Let's face it, temptation is hard in college. This verse is always so comforting to me. There is nothing greater than God's power and faithfulness.

Psalm 27:1 

"The lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is my stronghold of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?"

This verse hits home to me. I struggle with every single decision I make and also trying to please everyone in my life. With this verse, I am reminded that there truly is nothing to fear. God has me taken care of, and as hard as it is to believe sometimes, he has a plan, and every single obstacle put before you is apart of his great plan.

Before you panic, I encourage you to open your Bible and spend time with Jesus. He will never lead you down the wrong path.