Sorry, I Don't Believe Jay-Z And Beyoncé's Excuse For Not Standing During The National Anthem

What, did they not notice the other 60,000 people around them standing?

44
https://www.flickr.com/photos/145603029@N02/25448713268
Flickr

The 54th Super Bowl happened this past Sunday night where the Kansas City Chiefs claimed victory.

The exciting night started off with Demi Lovato giving a beautiful performance of our National Anthem.

But two big celebrities thought this would be a good time to remain seated instead of standing during "The Star-Spangled Banner." Jay-Z and his wife Beyoncé did not stand up during Lovato's performance, and many people were disgusted by that, including me.

Jay-Z made a statement later that it was not a protest and that they simply got caught up in the performance. They were looking at the mics and speakers and seeing if they were too low and analyzing everything they could before Lovato performed.

Then, when she started singing, Jay-Z claims that they were mesmerized by her performance and talking about how beautiful she looked and what has been going on in Lovato's life (referring to her past issues with drugs). Because of this, they got distracted and "forgot" to stand up.

I don't believe one word of it.

I'm sorry, Beyoncé, did you not see the other 60,000 people there standing like good Americans? The two of them were just SO caught up with Lovato's performance that they forgot to stand up! Wow, that's a great excuse. Nice try, but that's not going to slide with the people in this country who actually believe in standing and respecting the flag of our nation.

It's disrespectful towards all the men and women who have died serving our country and for all the men and women who currently fight for our nation today. People fought for their rights so that they could go and enjoy the lavish, obnoxious lives that they live.

I know, it's so difficult being a singer and a rapper making hundreds of millions of dollars a year. They have such hard lives that they couldn't stand up and honor the flag that represents our freedom.

The fact that both of them were talking during the National Anthem doesn't help their case. Why were you talking? You can gossip about Demi Lovato's outfit and performance after she is finished. You can talk about her drug addiction once the song is over.

If you don't want to be in this country because you think your life is hard, then move somewhere else because there are MANY people not from the United States that would DIE for the chance to be an American and live a good life here, and they would understand the beauty of this country.

Those people would stand for the flag and show respect towards the people who fight every day to protect our freedom and keep us safe. I would rather have those people in this country than people like Jay-Z and Beyoncé.

I'm aware that they were not the only ones there at the game that remained seated and that is such a shame. It saddens me to think that so many people in this country have all these rights and freedoms, and yet they are still ungrateful. It's disgusting.

Unfortunately, this is what our country has come to, and it is scary. Scary that people live in such a beautiful country that gives them opportunity after opportunity, and yet that is not enough for them to want to show their love and respect towards this land. Shame on those people.

That poor child, Blue Ivy, is being sent the wrong message about how you treat the country that has given you everything. Next time, Jay-Z, spend a little less time going into "artist mode" and analyzing the performance, and a little more time standing up and being silent during the National Anthem.

No one asked you to sit there and judge her performance. Is it that hard to be a good American and just stand up?