Since life seems to make more sense in hindsight, it looks like my life has completely changed from when I graduated high school in May. I reflect on where I was at the beginning of the year as 2016 comes to a close.

Work still needs to be done. Personally, I am happy with where I am going. It feels as if I am walking to my destination, while I'm taking time for my arrival. What I am walking towards is up in the air, but I know I will get there.

Being a full time college student working 3 jobs is hectic, but it's also showed me a lot about who I am. I started a new job out of high school, then I quit for a different job. For better or for worse, I've learned quite a few lessons from then till now. Life is a learning experience, and I learn something everyday. That alone makes me want to continue and reach out for what is there. It's nerve wracking and exciting continuing on in your life when so much as changed.

Friends have come and gone, some I've wanted to, and some I haven't wanted them to leave. Finally deciding when a friend hasn't been supporting you or remotely putting an effort into your friendship is a devastating blow. You have to cut out the people who negatively impact you, even if it takes years to do so. I struggled time and time again to make excuses for them. At this point in my life, I know if they aren't there, they won't be there. Friendships come and go, and you have to be there to say when.

2016 has been a year of ups and downs for many of us, with many, many downs. However, 2017 will be a year of change and growth for all of us. We owe ourselves that much. We learn from our past experiences, and we cannot let 2017 also be the downfall. It's time to take a step forward for ourselves and the people surrounding us.

I've touched on before in another article, 2016 Isn't The Best Year Yet, a big part of making a year a great one starts with you. There were many outstanding elements this year we had no control of. The older I get the more I realize even though we don't have control of certain elements, we have to nods our heads and continue for achieving something more. I refuse to sit back and let the next year be as rough as the current year. I

Oprah Winfrey once said, "Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right."

We will make 2017 a better year, and it's up to us to do it.