4 Of The Best Websites To Purchase Cheap Textbooks From Before You Head To The School Book Store

Save your money and check these sites first.

98

It's no secret that textbook costs can really add up. This is especially true if you have assigned a lot of textbooks in one semester, or if a particular textbook is only available from your school's bookstore.

Luckily, there are many websites out there that will help you with buying the textbooks you need at a much cheaper price than what your school's bookstore offers.

I listed the websites that are tried and true for me when I begin to worry about how much out of pocket I will need to spend on my textbooks for the upcoming semester.

1. Thriftbooks

I learned about this website when I was a freshman, and I've been using it ever since. Their customer service is also great.

2. Chegg

This website is pretty popular for buying cheap textbooks! You also have the option to rent through this site, and buy books as e-books, a service none of the other options on this list offer.

3. Amazon

Yes, you can buy your textbooks from Amazon. I didn't know you could until my sophomore year of college, and I have since found some of my textbooks there for way less than what other websites were offering. Amazon has the added feature of comparing prices from many different sellers, which makes it a great place to get textbooks from.

4. AbeBooks

A lesser-known website, I have bought books from here for extremely cheap and in good quality to boot. This is one of my favorite websites to buy textbooks from.

I will leave you with one recommendation: when you're looking for textbooks online, always search by the ISBN number.

This way, you will get the exact books you need. If your school has an online textbook lookup through the bookstore (mine does), you can find it on there.

If you can't find a specific textbook, it doesn't hurt to email your professor and ask what books you need for their class.