Best Ways to Stay Hydrated When You’re Working Late at Night?

It is very important to stay hydrated when your mind is at work. Here are some ways to stay hydrated when you are working late at night.

53
Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash

Do you have to stay up late for work often? Do you have late night submissions and meetings or are just generally involved in work at odd hours? If you are then you most definitely know how frustrating and physically draining it can be at the same time. The reason most people feel so drained out and exhausted after staying up late for work is that they do not hydrate properly.

Hydrating is perhaps one of the most important and elementary things that you need to get right if you want to function optimally and keep your body healthy, regardless of whether you work late at night or not. If you do, you should most definitely hydrate properly. The strain on your eyes and your body depletes your body of moisture and hydration and you are left feeling impoverished. To avoid that, make sure that you keep certain hydrating liquids by your study table or your work station when you are staying up late and working.

How to hydrate the right way and what to consume – Know it all

Now some things can go wrong when it comes to hydrating as well. Most of the times, people cannot figure out what their body needs and the intake of improper fluids either further drains their body or gradually incites and builds up to insomnia. Let us look at the right way to hydrate when working at night and the right fluids to keep company:

1. Consume green coffee but keep in mind the time it takes to kick in. Do not abuse the recommended portion of coffee intake because it will disrupt your sleep cycle. However, there is no denying that green coffee is perhaps one of the best fluids you can consume at night to keep you up. It packs the punch and will give you the energy you need to keep going. Also, green coffee beans have far more nutritional value than regular coffee. It also contains a high concentration of antioxidants that cleanses the body from within and helps keep the body healthy. You can shop online to get your hands on the premium quality variants and also the best green coffee price.

2. Sip on water frequently – If you are looking to turn to something lighter and not something that packs a punch, sit with a bottle of water. Sip water every 5-10 minutes to keep yourself from getting dehydrated. Studies have been conducted that show that sleep deprivation can lead to dehydration and if you are up burning the midnight oil, then you are depriving yourself of sleeping hours which is bound to spur and dart the entire dehydration process. Drinking enough water will help flush out toxins, stay hydrated and is just generally good for your health. So in case you are not drinking enough water throughout the day, make sure you make up for it when you work late into the night.

3. For those who aren't lactose intolerant, opting for milk as your late-night solution is a great idea. Nothing keeps you up and energized like a glass of warm milk. It keeps you hydrated for a particular period and also provides your body with the right nourishment it needs. Milk contains tryptophan which helps you to get a good night's sleep. You can also add haldi to the drink to amp up the nutritional punch. Around 200ml of warm milk, right when the work shift is ending is enough to push you through the last bit and help you fall sound asleep right when your work is over.

4. Green Tea – Green tea is for those late-night workers who do not need the power-packed punch that one usually gets from coffee, but the slight nudge that they need to keep working at the ideal pace and with efficiency. Green tea does contain some amount of caffeine but that is incomparable with the caffeine content of coffee. Late night work hours are bound to put you under a lot of pressure which leads to the shaping of stress. It takes away a big chunk of your productivity levels and leaves you less efficient than you would have wanted to be and this keeps you up for longer hours. Green tea contains special ingredients and antioxidants that reduce inflammation and stress, allowing you to go on for longer.

5. Coconut Water- This may come as a bit of a shocker to some people but the others who have tried staying up on coconut water, know exactly how effective it is. 100% natural, provides the right amount of energy boost and nourishes the body with potassium (a nutrient that the late-night worker's body is generally in need of. Coconut water is delicious to taste and the high concentration of potassium keeps the body healthy and allows you to continue for longer hours. Coconuts that are around 6-7 months of age are the ones whose water you should aim to drink.

6. Smoothies – This is bound to be a crowd delight but makes sure when you make the smoothie, you add a lot of healthy ingredients. Smoothie is a popular choice of drink among people of all ages and lifestyles. We can drink it during the day time but drinking it late at night when you are up late and working has its taste and feel. Add a lot of nuts, dry fruits, oats and chunks of fresh fruits to your smoothie to add some good as well. Sipping on this will help keep you nourished and hydrated at the same time. It is also easy to make so you can make it beforehand and keep it refrigerated if you want to have it a little on the chillier side.

7. Coffee - Last but not least, you can always gauge on to coffee. It is one of the most popular beverages all over the world. However, too much coffee is also not a viable choice. 1-2 cups in a day are the recommended intake that would not harm your body. You can shop from the best brands with 100% organic variants. You can find coffee powder online and avail yourself of the ongoing discounts instantly.

These are 6 majorly popular and intelligent ways to keep yourself hydrated when you are up late at night to make a living. With the help of the drinks and fluids mentioned above, you neither compromise on your sleep nor do you slug through the night.