11 Pieces Of Summer Workout Gear To Help You Beat The Heat

11 Pieces Of Summer Workout Gear To Help You Beat The Heat As You Reach Your Goals

It's hot and sweaty, but that workout isn't going to do itself!

1491

Summertime, while often complete with days at the pool and workout classes in crispy, AC-filled gyms, is hot and sweaty. As many of us are either forgoing gyms because of coronavirus (COVID-19) obstacles, the home workout is king this summer season.

Thankfully, many of our favorite fitness instructors are helping us out, hosting ZOOM classes to keep us going. That's great but may mean that crispy, AC-filled space you usually work out has been replaced by your AC-less closet of a living room. It's time to take a little summer workout gear inventory to make sure you're ready to beat the heat as you reach your goals.

1. Bike shorts, obviously

You already know that bike shorts are the most popular trend of the summer, so don't forget to stock up before you workout. Who needs leggings on a 90-degree day? Not you, not ever. Trade those winter favorites with these shorter bike shorts for some extra breathability and comfort.

2. Some mesh tank tops

Avoid that farmer's tan and throw on your mesh tank for a lighter, more enjoyable summer workout. Those cotton T-shirts will be there when you get back!

3. The right sports bra

The worst thing ever? Trying to get a thick-strap, razor-back sports bra and/off when you're a sweaty mess. Trade that in for a thin-strap option and avoid feeling stuck!

4. A lightweight baseball cap

The real question is, what do you do to keep your hair out of your face (er, sweat)? A lightweight baseball cap will give you some shade (the good kind) during those outdoor workouts AND keep your hair exactly where you need it to be. A win-win!

5. Throw it back with a visor

If you want the top of your head to be able to chill out, throw it back with a visor! I hear they're on their way back into the athleisure game, might as well make the most of them!

6. Sunglasses that will actually stay on

Your aviators are great for a day at the beach, but for your outdoor workouts, you need sunglasses that are as committed to athleticism as you are!

7. Breathable running shorts

On extra-hot days, it's best to find clothes that do the job while making as little contact as possible. In comes these easy, breezy running shorts, perfect for the hottest days that need the most airflow.

8. Super light socks

Those thick, high socks are for cooler days. Upgrade whatever old ankle socks are in your closet to a light, breathable option that provides all the support you need without all that extra material.

9. An accountable water bottle

You didn't think I'd forget hydration, did you? While drinking enough water is a year-round activity, it's extra important to consume enough H2O in the hotter months. Get yourself a time-marked water bottle so you don't even have to think about how much you've already had!

10. A spritz bottle

If you're in the middle of a sweaty, outdoor HIIT workout, nothing feels better than a little spritz of cold water in between sets. You're already sweaty, might as well add a refresher to the mix!

11. A dry-fit towel

All yoga is hot yoga when it's summertime and there's no AC to be found! Make sure you have a fresh dry-fit towel to keep your mat clean, whether you're sweating during downward dog or just need a place to stretch after your run.

As an Amazon partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.