She's My Soulmate, But Not In The Way You'd Think

Ironically, the miles between us keep us closer.

100

Some may believe that a best friend is someone who you spend every moment with, share every memory with, and talk to at every single moment. Additionally, others may think that a soulmate has to be that special person who you are romantic with. For me, neither of these arguments are the case. I believe my soulmate is my best friend, not because I'm in love with her, but because she brings out the best in me. She completely gets me even though our friendship is through long distance.

My best friend and "soulmate" is someone who I have not known for that long, only since this past summer of 2018. She is dedicated, caring, ambitious, strong, and incredibly sassy. She is the person who perfectly complements yet counteracts my passive vibe with her fierce attitude. My best friend is amazing, and her name is Reigan. I cannot begin to thank her enough for what she has taught me, even if she hasn't realized it.

I met Reigan at my job, which is at a seafood restaurant called Mr. Shrimp in Belmar, New Jersey. We were both hosts this summer and automatically got along well. Her ability to make me laugh cannot be measured. I went through numerous difficult times this summer, and Reigan was and continues to be my partner in crime. When we met, we hung out as much as we could because we were a new and exciting duo. Even today, our friendship is a fire that can't be ceased.

Since I'm a sophomore in college who goes to school in West Chester and Reigan is still a high-school senior in New Jersey, we never get to see each other. I do not live at the Jersey Shore anymore, and my new hometown is in Easton, Pennsylvania, so this makes it even harder to come up with plans. Even though our situation is difficult, it doesn't challenge us! We keep in contact almost every day, and she is one of the few people I can vent to with pure honesty. She is always there, and is constantly checking on me to make sure that I am okay and always throws positive words my way!

Our friendship is unique compared to others I have because in my heart it truly feels like a bond that can't be broken. Our personalities work so well together! Because I strongly believe in Zodiac horoscopes, maybe the stars aligned for us to meet. I am a Sagittarius and Reigan is a Taurus, so our principles are meant to agree because we can disagree about certain things! Either way, she is my sunshine and always puts me in a fabulous mood.

I feel very appreciative to have a friend like her by my side. She taught me what confidence is. There are times when I have felt really insecure, just like any other human being. Reigan teaches me strength, resilience, and diligence. She is one of the most hardworking and incredible people I know. Her bold nails and contagious smile will continue to resonate with me. I hope she knows that she is on my wavelength and I will always have her back. I'll never forget the valuable things she has implemented in me solely by being the person she is.