The Best Scary Movies To Watch On Date Night, Based On How Long You've Been Together

The Horror Movie You Should Watch For Date Night, Based On How Long You And Your 'Boo!' Have Been Together

Time to get spooky with bae

104
"Mean Girls"

Now that it is September, Halloween is practically in the air, that means it's officially the beginning of Cuffing Season yet again! You're thinking of dates to the local pumpkin patch, scary horror houses, and obviously scary movie nights cuddling on your couch.

It's really weird to think, but hear me out: there are different horror films to watch during different levels of your relationship. I have compiled five stages of relationships with five of the best horror films to watch in each stage.

Let the spookiness commence!

If it's your first date watch "Halloween" (1978)

The first, and original classic, "Halloween" starring Jamie Lee Curtis is the only horror classic to watch on a first date. It's not too scary, but it's scary enough to give you a reason to cuddle up to your date. Due to the length of the film being only an hour and a half, this leaves time for you to go out to eat, or do anything really before sitting back and relaxing. The suspense gives a dark ambiance that gives potential to lead to something else with your date... if you know what I mean ;)

If you're officially dating, watch "The Conjuring" (2013)

After living through your first couple dates, you have decided to take the next leap of faith and making it "official" with your new bae! As you are becoming more comfortable with them, you are able to watch scarier flicks, and what could be better than "The Conjuring?" This movie has many jump scares, and watching this with your new boo will give you as much excitement as being with them. 10/10 recommend this while taking your relationship to the next step.

If you've been together for a year or so, watch "Get Out" (2017)

Now that you're knee-deep into your relationship, you know the ups and the downs of your S.O. With that being said, you know their deepest and darkest secrets...which may be questionable. "Get Out" is perfect for longterm relationships, as it shows just how crazy they can get. But hey, it'll make you realize if your boyfriend/girlfriend is trying to hypnotize you for some ulterior motive...hopefully before it's too late.

If you're engaged, watch "The Strangers" (2008)

If you are a fan of "The Strangers" franchise, then you'd understand why this is an obvious pick. Boyfriend proposes to girlfriend, only to get rejected as they stay in their remote cabin in the middle of nowhere, and three masked killers torture and play with them till death. This movie is great, because it'll make feel relieved you said yes when your fiancé popped the question.

If you're married, watch "The Green Inferno" (2015)

"The Green Inferno" is without a doubt the sickest movie I have ever seen in my life. The gore, the situation, and just the deaths these people have to endure is truly terrifying. This movie is perfect for you and your spouse since you guys are 100% totally comfortable enough with each other to watch such a gory, horrifying movie. You'd only be able to watch this film with someone you feel really calm and collected with... and what better person than your spouse?