The Top 2 Yummiest Recipes I Discovered While Cooking In Quarantine

Cue "Yummy" by Justin Bieber.

6
Banana Bread

Pre-COVID-19, the only time I would spend in the kitchen would be when I was getting some food to eat. But because of quarantine, I watched Harrison Webb's Instagram live where he made cinnamon chips, and it seemed fairly simple, so I decided to give it a try for myself. And when I did, I was quite pleased with how they turned out! These cinnamon chips are a wonderful snack for when you're watching a movie at home or pulling a summer semester all-nighter with the textbooks. My mom has also been spending more time in the kitchen lately, and she decided to learn how to make banana bread. It took us about three times to figure out how to do it perfectly, but oh man, it was worth it. The final one was the best one yet! I loved being able to enjoy it for dessert that night and as my breakfast the next morning.

I had fun making these cooking videos, and I hope you not only enjoy watching them, but that they also inspire you to spend more time in the kitchen actually making yourself some food for once!

1. Cinnamon Chips

Step 1: Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees

Step 2: Grab two tortillas and cut them into little triangles by cutting them in four different angles, then place them on a baking tray

Step 3: Slice some butter, place it into a bowl, and microwave it for at least thirty seconds to melt it

Step 4: Lather the top of each tortilla with the melted butter. (This helps the cinnamon stick onto the tortilla)

Step 5: Place three teaspoons of cinnamon into a bowl, place three teaspoons of sugar into the same bowl, and mix them

Step 6: Sprinkle the mixed cinnamon and sugar on top of the tortillas (If you need more of the mix, make sure you add equal amounts of cinnamon and sugar)

Step 7: Put it in the oven for ten minutes

Step 8: You're all set to enjoy a very simple, yet delicious, snack!

2. Banana Bread

Step 2: Mash two bananas

Step 3: Melt some butter in a baking dish

Step 4: Place 1/4 cup of sugar into the baking dish along with the melted butter and mix well

Step 5: Transfer the mashed bananas into the baking dish

Step 6: Place 1/4 cup of flour into the baking dish

Step 7: Place 1 teaspoon of baking soda into the baking dish

Step 8: Crack 1 egg and place it into the baking dish

Step 9: Pour 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract into the baking dish

Step 10: Mix well

Step 11: Bake for 30 minutes

Step 12: You're all set to enjoy a very wonderful banana bread!