10 Podcasts On Race Everyone Should Be Listening To

10 Podcasts On Race Everyone Should Listen To In Order To Be A Better Ally

Listen and learn, because knowledge is power.

18108

Podcasts are such an integral part of some of our everyday lives that it can be hard to recall a time at which they didn't exist. Podcasts exist on about every single topic, from dating to celebrity gossip and Harry Potter.

Now more than ever, it's likely you're reeling from the news, and (hopefully) wanting to do something about it in order to educate yourself. Podcasts are one of the best ways to get the most up-to-date information in a conversational, personal way from some of today's top educators, scholars, and theorists.

These podcasts range from funny to newsy and scholarly, but are all equally educational, all containing pertinent information for every single person to be listening to in order to grasp a deeper understanding of the minority experience in America.

"Code Switch"

A weekly podcast on race relations, "Code Switch" began as a blog in 2013 and evolved in to a podcast hosted by three journalists of color three years later. On it, they discuss everything from politics to pop culture, history, and sports.

"Another Round"

A hilarious duo navigates current race relations in America via humor and pop culture.

"Dear White Women"

Friends Sara and Misasha talk about everything from period kits, educational inequality, and mental health through incredible interviews with some of the world's top scholars in the topics they discuss.

"Bound For Justice"

Book-lovers will love the way Charlotte and Rachel navigate the topics of race, reconciliation, and social justice through some of our favorite novels.

"Speaking Of Racism"

No-frills, and straight to the point, this podcast explores racism in America leveraging interviews with some of the top scholars on race relations in the world.

"The Diversity Gap"

Bethaney Wilkinson breaks down the differences between good intentions and good impact in a way that's friendly and interesting through interviews with communication experts and business leaders of color.

"Pod For The Cause"

With the goal of spurring activism, this podcast, launched by The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights expands the conversation of our present-day human rights issues.

"About Race"

From bestselling author Reni Eddo-Lodge, this podcast features today's most important voices in anti-racist activism.

"Intersectionality Matters!"

From leading civil rights activist Kimberle Crenshaw comes this podcast on race theory through the lens of current events.

"All My Relations"

Matika and Adrienne use their own experience as indigenous women to discuss relationships with one another, their land, and their families. You'll undoubtedly laugh and cry with them.