Best Places to Live in 2022: A Look at Summerlin
News

Best Places to Live in 2022: A Look at Summerlin, NV

14

Thinking about making a move and want to know one of the best places to live in 2022? Located on the western edge of Las Vegas about 20-minutes away from the Strip, Summerlin is a master-planned community home to more than 100,000 residents.

If you’re searching for a place with an outstanding climate, high quality neighborhoods and fun things to do, consider Summerlin in Las Vegas, NV. This article will examine a few of the reasons why Summerlin is one of the best places to live and give you an insider’s look at what you can expect after moving here.

Let’s dive right in!

Fun Things to Do in Summerlin

One of the best parts about living in Las Vegas’ Summerlin community is that you’ll never run out of things to do.

There’s Downtown Summerlin® with more than 125 shops, 30+ restaurants and fun events going on throughout the year. This is a great place to do your shopping and meet up with friends for dinner and a night out.

In the area is a new 10,000 seat minor league baseball stadium, offering great family fun and entertainment. For the adults, you can escape to Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa, a luxury hotel/casino nearby with massive gaming floor and several restaurants.

If you’re looking for outdoor activities, Summerlin has you covered! Just minutes to the west is Red Rock Canyon where you can hike, bike or rock climb the stunning red rocks outside of Las Vegas.

Summerlin itself has more than 250 parks, 150+ miles of trails for walking and biking, plus 10 golf courses to play. There are also community pools, splash pads, picnic areas and recreation centers spread throughout the area.

Living in Summerlin means being able to get out year-round to enjoy the great weather and always having a fun activity to do with family and friends!

Great Places to Live

Summerlin is known as being one of the best places to live in Nevada. People of all ages, from singles and families to retirees, are drawn to Summerlin for its real estate and neighborhood options.

There are so many places to live in Summerlin that finding a home here can get overwhelming if you don’t have the help of a local real estate agent.

Summerlin is made up of villages that have their own subdivisions within, including gated and non-gated neighborhoods and condominium complexes. Some of the top builders in the area have built homes here, and several villages still offer new construction homes.

Starting with the older crowd, there are five retirement communities in Summerlin: Sun City Summerlin, Siena, Regency at Summerlin, Trilogy® at Summerlin and Heritage at Stonebridge. These 55+ communities boast resort-style amenities such as pools, sports courts and clubhouses for residents to enjoy.

There are several ultra-luxury communities in Summerlin to consider. The Ridges is a guard-gated community set high atop a ridgeline overlooking the city. Here you can find multi-million-dollar custom homes and some of the city’s most famous residents.

But expensive luxury homes aren’t the only thing Summerlin has to offer. There are more affordable single-family houses and modest townhomes and condos for all budgets to explore.

The bottom line is that from the swanky neighborhoods of Summerlin North to the new developments being built out into the vast canyons of Summerlin West, Las Vegas’ Summerlin community boasts many great places to live.

What’s the Weather Like in Summerlin?

Before moving to Summerlin, you will want to know more about the weather and overall climate, so you can prepare accordingly.

The Las Vegas area typically gets 300 days of sunshine each year and warm temperatures year-round. The spring and fall months boast amazing weather, with temperatures in the 70s and 80s. Winter can get cooler down into the 30s and 40s, but the sunshine during the day warms things up.

It is true that Las Vegas gets extremely hot in the summer. Temperatures can reach into the 100s for weeks on end. However, one of the best things about living in Summerlin is that the community is built at elevation, so it stays several degrees cooler than the rest of Las Vegas!

Therefore, if you’re looking for a new place to live in 2022 where you can get your share of vitamin D and bask in the sun, Summerlin is the place for you.

Why Live in Summerlin, NV?

As you can see, there are several great reasons for moving to Summerlin in the new year. From the outdoor recreation options and Downtown Summerlin® to outstanding neighborhoods and a near-perfect climate, Summerlin in Las Vegas offers something for everyone.

Moving to a new city is a big deal for many and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Therefore, consider these reasons to live in Summerlin and come take a look at the community yourself!