Best Places to Eat in Columbia

Best Places to Eat in Columbia

11

Try somewhere new this weekend.

Pawley’s Front Porch

This burger joint was visited by Guy Fieri on his Food Network show,  “Diners, Drive-In’s and Dives,” so you know it’s got to be good.  The restaurant offers a variety of burgers named after areas around South Carolina, and features popular South Carolina food items. The Isle of Palms, a Pawley’s favorite, is topped with house made pimento cheese and jalapeno bacon. Their half-pound burgers are cooked to order, letting the customer the burger how they want. Pawley’s also has various ongoing events and specials that make a meal there even more exciting. The restaurant is hosting a canned food drive, and for 5 canned goods donated for Harvest Hope, you will receive a free fried pickle. There are also daily specials offered- on Mondays kids eat free from 4 p.m. until close, and on Tuesdays there are half price burgers from 5- 7 p.m. If you’re unable to come into the restaurant, but are craving Pawley’s, you can always go get a meal from their food truck. You can follow the truck on Twitter at @PFP_FoodTruck to get updates on where the truck is serving meals.

Motor Supply Company Bistro

This restaurant is open daily for lunch and dinner, and instead of focusing on a certain type of food, is a blend of Italian, Asian, French and American cuisine. What makes this restaurant stand apart from many others located in the Vista is how all of their food is from local farms, or is house-made. In the Best of Columbia 2013, Motor Supply Company won the category for best specialty drink for the restaurants innovative cocktail menu. The menu at Motor Supply Company changes daily, ensuring that customers will never get bored of the options. The innovate chef, Tim Peters, was recognized for his hard work by the Free Times this year and was awarded best chef.

Miyo’s Miyo

Miyo’s Miyo’s has been around Columbia since 1996, and makes strong efforts to offer patrons a wide variety of options. The restaurant prides itself on its mixture of various types of Asian cuisine. Miyo’s offers Chinese cuisine, Korean style BBQ, Japanese sushi, and Thai and Vietnamese inspired dishes.  Many customers have been impressed with Miyo’s efforts- the restaurant was named the best Asian, Chinese and Sushi restaurant by the Free Times 2013. Along with their impressive food menu, Miyo’s offers customers a large variety of beverages. They offer an assortment of teas, soft drinks, martinis, cocktails and beers. There is also a selection of Asian beverages including sake that makes Miyo’s unique. Free Times rated Miyo’s as the best take out food for 2013. The multiple locations of Miyo’s around Columbia makes it easy for customers to enjoy their food wherever they live.