If you're like me, you first heard about Owl City when "Fireflies" came out in 2009. You listened to Adam Young (the artist behind Owl City) crooning to electronica-pop instrumentals and suddenly found yourself bopping your head along with the chorus. Or maybe you didn't get the hype around the song — that's okay, too. While "Fireflies" will always hold a special place in my heart for introducing me to Owl City, I've since discovered Adam Young's enormous body of work and come to appreciate his artistry outside of "Fireflies." So whether you liked "Fireflies" or not, give these five other Owl City songs a listen.

1. "The Saltwater Room"

What originally drew me into "Fireflies" was not the lyricism, but rather the electronic beats at the beginning of the song. I get the same feeling when "The Saltwater Room" comes on; there's something soothing about the opening chords that transports me to another era. There's also something to be said about vocals that stay quiet and constant throughout the entire song.

2. "If My Heart Was A House"

This song captivated me for the exact opposite reason that I enjoyed "The Saltwater Room." The vocals start immediately, creating a punchy and poetic effect that I envy as a writer. I also love how intense the chorus is. Adam Young's voice really peaks in this song, and his passion sweeps you up and makes you feel like a part of his journey.

3. "The Bird and the Worm"

This song was my go-to jam for my morning commute to high school because it's so peppy (and I could actually hear it over the noise of the subway). The lyrics are sweet and reminiscent of puppy love, which is a welcome distraction from how complicated relationships get as you grow up.

4. "Plant Life"

The lyricism in this song never fails to impress me, even though I've listened to it hundreds of times. I love songs that include vivid imagery and unorthodox word choice for the purpose of storytelling. There's also something so melancholy about this song, which probably explains why it's my go-to for when I just want to lie in bed and pretend I don't exist for a while.

5. "Silhouette"

I cried the first time I listened to this song, and then I wrote an entire script based off of the lyrics because I was that inspired. "Silhouette" deals with grief in a very honest and raw way; there's a reason that its comments section on YouTube is filled with people describing how moving and relatable the lyrics are.