Best One-Hit Wonders

One-hit wonders. What a concept. Even though these artists may not be remembered and even though they may only have one big hit (hence the name), we can't forget the legacy these songs have on the music industry and on pop culture. There are many that I've missed, and a couple could be argued as more than just a one-hit wonder, but without further ado, here's my list of one-hit wonders that we should never forget.

1. Plain White T's — "Hey There Delilah"

How is Delilah doing these days? I guess we'll never know, since the Plain White T's have not yet released a song that has reached the popularity of "Hey There Delilah."

2. Los Del Rios — "Macarena"

To be honest, "Macarena" will always be the song that is played at every single Sweet Sixteen, birthday party, or family gathering. I mean, who doesn't know the dance?

3. Las Ketchupas — "The Ketchup Song"

To be completely honest with you, I have no idea where I first heard this song. And I still don't understand a single word of it. All I do know is that it is annoyingly catchy.

4. Carl Douglas — "Kung Fu Fighting"

"Everybody was kung fu fighting. Hoo! Ha!" I absolutely love this song, but if you were to ask me two days ago who sang it, I wouldn't be able to tell you. It doesn't in any way take away from the fame achieved by this song, as it went on to sell 11 million records worldwide.

5. Toni Basil — "Mickey"

I almost would've forgotten about this song if the Treblemakers hadn't sang it for the Riff-Off in "Pitch Perfect." To this day, it's still a bop. Fun fact: the song was originally supposed to be called "Kitty" but was later changed by Toni Basil so it could be about a boy.

6. Lipps Inc — "Funkytown"

Admit it, you first heard this song in "Shrek 2." There's no shame in it, but it's important to note that before it was featured in the 2004 film, it reached the number one spot in 28 countries.

7. Mike Posner — "Cooler Than Me"

Technically, this one doesn't count, but for the longest time, Mike Posner was considered a one-hit wonder. He even acknowledges it in his recent hit single, "I Took A Pill In Ibiza."

8. Sir Mix-A-Lot — "Baby Got Back"

I should not have been listening to this song as early as I did. But thanks to Sir Mix-A-Lot, we now have a song to twerk to at every house party. Oh my god, Becky... look at her butt.

9. Gotye — "Somebody That I Used To Know"

Nowadays, Gotye really is somebody that I used to know. It's been almost eight years since his hit song reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100, and maybe it's wishful thinking to hope that he'll be back with another hit.

10. A-Ha — "Take On Me"

Low and behold, the final band on our list. I knew this article wouldn't be complete without this classic from Norwegian band A-ha. I can't even count the number of times I replayed the music video while screaming "take on meee, take me onnn" at the top of my lungs.