5 Things That Will Make You Excited For October
Education

5 Reasons To Get Excited For The Best Month Of The Year, October

Goodbye summer, hello fall.

89
https://unsplash.com/photos/A59lWOrZVnw

October is arguably the best month of the year. Here are a few reasons why.

Halloween movies

There's nothing better than a classic Halloween themed movie. All the Halloweentown movies, Ghostbusters, Twitches, the list goes on. This year, Freeform announced it would turn the usual 13 Nights of Halloween movie marathon into 31 Nights of Halloween. Starting Oct. 1, Freeform will run all your favorite Halloween films, including Hocus Pocus, The Addams Family, and The Haunted Mansion. I don't know about you, but I'll be watching Hocus Pocus at least three times this October.

Your fall wardrobe

Finally, it's time to break out your sweaters and boots. Although I enjoyed the summer weather, I'm officially ready for it to get a little cooler. In October, it's not too cold where you have to wear a big winter coat, but just cold enough to throw on a sweater.

Leaves changing colors

This is the true sign that fall has begun. There's nothing better than seeing the leaves turn bright orange, magenta, and red. The leaves changing colors make the walk to class much more enjoyable- and make your college campus even more beautiful.

Haunted houses

Haunted houses are undeniably the best part of Halloween. Look up some haunted houses near you're campus, and if you're studying at Indiana University like me, consider checking out the haunted houses at The Barn of Terror in Bloomington or take a trip to Indianapolis with friends to visit Indy Scream Park.

Pumpkin flavored everything

Aside from pumpkin spice lattes, there's pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice Oreos, and pumpkin spice bread. There's even pumpkin flavored gum! Although Starbucks released the infamous pumpkin spice latte in September, it finally feels appropriate to order the pumpkin drink in October.