15+ "Home Alone" Quotes That Perfectly Describe Being Single Over Christmas

16 'Home Alone' Quotes That Perfectly Describe Being Single, And Home Alone, Around Christmas

"I'm eating junk and watching rubbish! You better come out and stop me!"

20th Century Fox

"Home Alone" is hands down one of the best Christmas movies of all time.

Not only has the holiday classic aged well (one could even say it gets better and better each year), but it's hilarious and dare I say... relatable. Before you go ahead and say "WHAT?! Relatable?" hear me out...

Because NO, I was not left alone at 8 years old while my entire family flew to Paris. But as a girl who's going home for Christmas without a boyfriend, some of the movie's best quotes PERFECTLY describe what it's like to be home for the holidays, single. And, quite frankly, it's the best way to spend it — with family and friends and absolutely no other worries.

Here are 16 hilarious "Home Alone" quotes that describe what it's like to be single (and home alone) for the holidays:

When you get home for Christmas break without a boyfriend to worry about and all the free time in the world: "I'm free! I'm free! I'm free!"

via GIPHY

When you think about all the terrible men you dated in 2019: "I don't want to see you again for the rest of my whole life."

via GIPHY

When your high school exes try to come crawling back into your life: "I wouldn't let you sleep in my room, if you were growing, on my ass!"

via GIPHY

When all the guys who ghosted suddenly reappear for Christmas: "You guys give up, or are you thirsty for more?"

via GIPHY

When you snack all day and night with no one to stop you: "I'm eating junk and watching rubbish! You better come out and stop me!"

via GIPHY

When your meals were delicious and far from well-balanced: "Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen."

via GIPHY

When someone tries to get you to leave your couch and go out: "TV is my life."

via GIPHY

When you've been napping all day and your sibling barges into your room to make sure you're alive: "Don't you know how to knock, phlegm-wad?"

via GIPHY

When you arrive without a plus one to your family's party: "Are you here all by yourself?"

via GIPHY

When you're listening to everyone else's relationship drama at the family party knowing you have none to worry about: "Wow. This is great."

via GIPHY

When you're finally convinced to go out, 4 tequila sodas in, and having a heart-to-heart with your other single BFFs: "Your heart might still be broken, but it isn't gone. If it was gone, you wouldn't be this nice."

via GIPHY

When you drunk order food and completely underestimate how much food you can take down: "Why didn't you bring more cheese pizza?"

via GIPHY

When you're getting sick of being in a house full of people and want to go back to school: "When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone! I'm living alone!"

via GIPHY

When you're giving yourself a pep talk after having eaten junk all break and not exercised once: "Other than that, I'm in good shape."

via GIPHY

When you realize you actually have to head back to school soon: "Pack my suitcase?!"

via GIPHY

When anyone asks what you did over winter break: "Just...hung around."

via GIPHY

Follow Swoon on Instagram.