Okay, so I am not a hair care aficionado the way I am with skin care because I've never been great at styling hair. I also have never really cut my hair because I'm super afraid of it due to a traumatic event when I was a kid when I cut off my hair unevenly because I wanted to "play salon." Needless to say, I had to go to the hairdresser and I went from long locks to the Dora cut (to answer your question, no, it was not cute!)

So for most of my life, I've had long, silky, thick black hair, and it can be a lot to manage and gets oily because I wear it down every day, so I wash it pretty often. It's because of that that I love to alternate sweet-smelling and ethically friendly brands into my routine so I keep things interesting. So I figured, why not share a few of my favorites?

1. R&B (Lush)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It defines curls and smells amazing! It also makes your hair super big.

2. Damaged Hot Oil Treatment (Lush)

If you need to heal your hair, this is the product for you. It is a leave-in treatment, so melting down the oils provides your hair with nourishment while providing a sleek shine and a vanilla scent!

3. Honey I Washed My Hair Shampoo Bar (Lush)

This smells like honey and vanilla, so if you like sweet-smelling products, this is for you!

4. Seanik Shampoo Bar (Lush)

This is my favorite product during summer to help with my dry, chlorine-filled and sun-damaged ends.

5. Avocado Co-Wash Shampoo Bar (Lush)

I tried this when my acting teacher suggested co-washing and it was wonderful and although it is meant to be used without shampoo, this in combination with Seanik works wonders.

6. Knot-Wrap (Lush)

This by far is my most used product from Lush. Not only is this great for styling and putting your hair back for masks, but also for withholding a hair treatment and sort of locking it in, it's glorious.

7. Rehab Shampoo (Lush)

This leaves your scalp feeling minty fresh and super clean.

8. Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter for Dry Damaged Hair Shampoo/Conditioner (Target)

THIS SMELLS LIKE HAWAII AND I LOVE IT. Lately it's become one of my favorite vegan hair care brands.

9. Coconut Oil Brilliantly Nourishing Pre-Shampoo Hair Oil (The Body Shop)

A note for this product is to only use shampoo after this because it's super hydrating.

10. Sunflower Color Preserving Shampoo (Kiehl's)

This is great for preserving dyed hair. I originally got it for my mom because she has highlights. However, it smells super bomb and has become one of my favorites.