50 Best Grey's Anatomy Quotes Of All Time

Pick me. Choose me. Love me.
91352

Grey's Anatomy is one of the most popular shows on television and has been since 2005 even through all of the catastrophes, deaths, and extraordinary moments. I'm pretty sure many of us have been able to relate to all of the classic Meredith Grey narrations as well as many other quotes from the show.

1. "Cause you never think that the last time is the last time. You think there will be more. You think you have forever, but you don't." - Meredith Grey

2. "Don't let fear keep you quiet. You have a voice so use it. Speak up. Raise your hands. Shout your answers. Make yourself heard. Whatever it takes, just find your voice, and when you do, fill the damn silence." - Meredith Grey

3. "Sometimes it's good to be scared. It means you still have something to lose." - Richard Webber

4. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature." - Christina Yang

5. "At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them." - Meredith Grey

6. "If I murdered someone, she's the person I'd call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor." - Christina Yang

7. "We spend our whole lives worrying about the future, planning for the future, trying to predict the future, as if figuring it out will cushion the blow. But the future is always changing. The future is the home of our deepest fears and wildest hopes. But one thing is certain, when it finally reveals itself. The future is never the way we imagined it." - Meredith Grey

8. "We’re friends, real friends. And that means, no matter how long it takes, when you finally do decide to look back, I’ll still be here." - Meredith Grey

9. "Okay… Here it is. Your choice, it’s simple her or me. And I’m sure she’s really great. But, I love you. In a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me."

- Merdith Grey

10. "Knowing is better than wondering. Waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying." - Meredith Grey

11. "Not everybody has to be happy all the time. That’s not mental health. That’s crap." - Meredith Grey

12. "Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we’re thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we’re thankful for the things we’ll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate." - Meredith Grey

12. "If you love someone you tell them. Even if you’re scared that it’s not the right thing. Even if you’re scared it’ll cause problems. Even if you’re scared that it will burn your life to the ground. You say it. You say it loud." - Mark Sloan

13. "If there's just one piece of advice I can give you, it’s this; when there’s something you really want, fight for it, don’t give up no matter how hopeless it seems. And when you’ve lost hope, ask yourself, 10 years from now, you’re gonna wish you gave it just one more shot because the best things in life, they don’t come free." - Meredith Grey

14. "You are my person. You will always be my person." - Christina Yang

15. "As human beings, sometimes it’s better to stay in the dark, because in the dark there may be fear, but there is also hope." - Meredith Grey

16. "You don’t get to call me a whore. When I met you I thought I had found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I was done. So all the boys, and all the bars, and all the obvious daddy issues, who cared? Because I was done. You left me. You chose Addison. I’m all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke. You don’t get to call me a whore." - Meredith Grey

17. "Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it. But every now and then, look around. Drink it in, cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow." - Meredith Grey

18."There’s a reason I said I’d be happy alone. It wasn’t cause I thought I’d be happy alone, it’s easier to be done, because what if you learn that you need love and you don’t have it? What if you like it and lean on it? What if you shape your life around it and then it falls apart? Can you even survive that kind of pain? Losing love is like organ damage, it’s like dying. The only difference is death ends. This? It could go on forever." - Meredith Grey

19 "It’s a beautiful day to save lives. Let’s have some fun." - Derek Shepherd

20. "Once in a blue moon, people will surprise you and once in awhile, people may even take your breath away." - Meredith grey

21. "Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy, but he is not the sun, you are." - Christina Yang

22. "Oh screw beautiful! I’m brilliant! If you want to appease me, compliment my brain." - Christina Yang

23. "At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, all we really want is to be close to somebody. So this thing where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, it’s usually a load of bull." - Meredith Grey

24. "Just because people do horrible things, it doesn’t always mean they’re horrible people." - Izzie Stevens

25. "Maybe we like the pain, because without it, I don’t know. Maybe we just wouldn’t feel real." - Meredith Grey

26. "The problem is, fairytales don’t come true. It’s the nightmares that always seem to become the reality." - Meredith Grey

27. "The human life is made up of choices. Yes or no. In or out. Up or down. And then there are the choices that matter. Love or hate. To be a hero or to be a coward. To fight or to give in. To live or die. Live or die, that’s the important choice. And it’s not always in our hands." - Derek Shepherd

28. "Reality. It’s so much more interesting than living happily ever after." - Meredith Grey

29. "Did you say it? “I love you.” “I don’t ever want to live without you.” “You changed my life.” Did you say it?" - Meredith Grey

30. "The carousel never stops turning. You can never get off." - Elis Grey

31. "I think you can’t wait for someone to fly underneath you and save your life. I think you have to save yourself." - Meredith Grey

32. "I am woman. Hear me roar." - Miranda Bailey

33. "Walk tall Torres." - Mark Sloan

34. "I think it’s important to take the time to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." - Meredith Grey

35. "Don’t chase me anymore, unless you’re ready to catch me." - Callie Torres

36. "Just put one foot in front of the other, just get through the day." - Meredith Grey

37. "Each of you comes here today a hopeful. Wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure and two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? That's up to you." - Richard Webber

38. "I wanna marry you. I wanna have kids with you. I wanna build a house. I wanna settle down and grow old with you. I wanna die when I'm 110 years old, in your arms. I don't want 48 uninterrupted hours. I want a lifetime." - Derek Shepherd

39. "I'm a human being, I make mistakes. I'm flawed, we all are." - Derek Shepherd

40. "You were like coming up for fresh air. It's like I was drowning and you saved me. That's all I know." - Derek Shepherd

41. "I wanna punch your face." - Meredith Grey

42. "Somebody sedate me." - Christina Yang

43. "Today's the day my life begins. All my life I've been just me. Just a smart mouth kid. Today I become a man. Today I become a husband. Today I become accountable to someone other than myself. Today I become accountable to you. To our future. To all the possibilities that a marriage has to offer. Together, no matter what happens, I'll be ready. For anything. For everything. To take on life, to take on love. To take on possibility and responsibility. Today Izzie Stevens, our life together begins and I for one can't wait." - Alex Karev

44. "No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary Freaking Poppins." - Miranda Bailey

45. "I love everything about you. Even the things I don't like, I love. And I want you with me. I love you and I think you love me too. Do you?" - Jackson Avery

46. "The key is to think of yourself as one of the Who's down in Whoville. You know, when the Grinch came down and stole all of their presents. They didn't let that ruin Christmas for them. You know, instead they came out on Christmas morning and they sang. You're gonna go into that surgery and you're gonna sing. Sing, Cindy Lou. Sing." - Jackson Avery

47. "You're an Avery by association. That pack of fools, can't tell their asses from their elbows." - Meredith Grey

48. "I am not an ugly duckling. I'm a swan." - April Kepner

49. "I can't think about anything or anybody and I can't sleep. I can't breathe. I can't eat. And I love you. I just, I love you all the time, every minute of every day." - Lexie Grey

50. "You can't be an ass to me all day and then expect me to give you respect." - Lexie Grey