12 Things That Happen When Your Best Friend Is Also Your Name Twin

Double the Sarah is always a good thing.

5394
personal photo

I feel as people, we either really like people that share the same name as us or we completely hate them. But when you find somebody who you like and has the same name as you, what happens? You become best friends. And some pretty unique things come with sharing the same name as your best friend. So here are 12 things that happen when your best friend is also your name twin.

1. When you talk about them, people assume that you're talking in third person.

Listen if I was talking about myself I wouldn't use my name.

2. You have to use middle and last names in certain situations.

In band, cheerleading, school, work and around our families, we've been Sarah S, Sarah W, Sarah Maria..and so on.

3. You fight over who gets to be "Sarah 1" and "Sarah 2".

I'm slightly older so I feel like I'm the alpha and get the Sarah 1 privilege.

4. You get referred to as the "Sarahs."

Or whatever name you have.

5. You get to caption your pictures as "Sarah Squared."

Basic but necessary.

6. Their parents call you "their other daughter Sarah."

or their other son and whatever your name is lol.

7. People ask you if your only friends with people who have the same name as you.

No, but it's a bonus lol.

8. You get to confuse people when you introduce yourself.

The looks we've gotten when we say that we're both Sarah are great.

9. But you make it easier for other people to remember names.

I mean come on, there's only one name to remember.

10. They feel the struggle when somebody spells your name wrong.

Sarah with the h= the good Sarah, and Sarah without the h= the bad Sarah

11. You both look and respond when somebody says your name.

Uhhh we're going to need yo to be more specific.

12. You have a name twin, and one that you actually like.