I'm Best Friends With My Little Sister

I Can't Imagine Not Being Best Friends With My Sister

"So you guys never fight?"

248
Isabella Hornick

Let me start this off by saying that I have the best little sister in the whole world. Yes, that sounds extremely cliche, but she is my favorite person ever and I'm lucky to have her as my sister. Emma is one of the most treasured people in my life, and I truly can't imagine her not also being my best friend. Even though she is three years younger than me, that gap doesn't have a negative effect on our relationship.

Ever since elementary school, my friends would always bring up Emma and ask me, "Do you guys even fight?" and the answer was always no. The thing about Emma and I is that we have a lot of the same interests. One of our great similarities is our taste in music, which is honestly a blessing.

I'm so grateful we share our favorite artists with each other and then get just as obsessed as the other. My favorite part of winter break was definitely picking Emma up from school, handing her the aux, and belting out our favorite songs and their lyrics together as we drove home.

Along with music, we like most of the same things and regularly share new interests with each other. When I was living at home, we would watch a lot of the same shows and Youtubers. Now that I live at college, we can't experience new content together; however, we always text about new videos and recommend more things for each other to watch. Over winter break, I got her into John Mulaney, and it is one of my proudest moments.

Isabella Hornick

I talk to Emma every day, (and that's not just because of our 734 day snap streak). We are always sending each other posts on Instagram and twitter, and of course, texting. No matter the circumstance, we consistently make sure we have time to talk. She never fails to leave me smiling and laughing during and after our conversations. I know I can text her when I need cheering up and instantly feel better.

One of my biggest challenges last year was picking a college because I didn't want to leave Emma. We got particularly close last year because, after three years, we both went to the same school together. We built up an even stronger bond and I feared that if I went far, I would break it.

I applied to six colleges, with five of them being less than an hour away and one a little further. Temple is about an hour and a half drive, but it was my favorite campus and I could really see myself there. In retrospect, an hour and thirty minutes isn't that far considering many people want to be a great distance away from their home. Even though I don't see Emma every day, I talk to her daily, facetime at least once a week, and occasionally go home for the weekend.

Richard Hornick

Emma's opinion and input are extremely important to me. I know she will always be honest with me and provide guidance in any situation. Like I mentioned above, she provides instant happiness. Before I took my first college final, she sent me several posts on instagram of my favorite musician and paired clever captions with each one. I looked at them right before I took my test and my stress fled my mind. I know this was a really simple thing, but the fact that she took the time to find each one means a great deal to me.

I honestly don't know what I would do without my little sister. Whenever I get to spend time with her, I get to hangout with my best friend. I love talking to Emma, running errands with her by my side, and driving around with her in the passenger seat, (even though I can't wait till she gets to drive me around.) She is always there for me and I know she has my back. Emma is in so many of my fondest memories, and I can only hope I'm in hers too.

So thank you, Emma. I can't wait to continue making memories and big plans with my best friend!