To My College BFF

To My College BFF

I will miss you dearly as we part ways this summer.
18

To The Best Friend I Met In College,

There are not enough words to explain how grateful and incredibly lucky I am to have found someone like you during my freshman year of college. I never imagined that I would be able to find someone who shares similar interests and qualities as me, but I was wrong. In fact, our ability to read each other’s minds and simultaneously say the same thing is mind-blowing. Prior to this year, I feared that I would never be able to find a best friend in college, but then I found you. I found a beautiful, smart, hilarious, sassy, and genuine person to fit the role. You and I have experienced the emotional roller coaster that goes along with this journey we call college, and there is no one else I would have wanted by my side. You were there for some of the best times of my life, and for some of the hardest times of my life. With you, I discovered what it is like to party hard and have fun, but also how to be an adult and learn that I am not the person I was in high-school.

You filled my life with memories I will never forget, and I cannot thank you enough for that. Now that our first year of college is over with, and we will be going back home for the summer, I just want to say that I will miss you dearly. I’ll miss simply waking up every day knowing I would see you. I’ll miss spending hours and hours in the library procrastinating and drinking Starbucks, instead of getting our work done. I’ll miss laughing so hard to the point where tears would stream down our faces and our stomachs would be in actual pain. I’ll miss nicknaming all of our weekly crushes on the boys who had no idea who we are. I’ll miss my work-out buddy from Monday through Friday (of course, we both agree the gym is a no-go on the weekend). I’ll miss our crazy weekends spent doing reckless and lively things and waking up the next morning sharing the stories we couldn’t remember to each other. But, most importantly I’ll miss the girl who became one of the most important people in my life in such a short amount of time. So, as we say goodbye to each other for the summer just know that I won’t forget about our friendship, and I know we’ll pick up where we left off next semester.

Sincerely,

Your college BFF