Delicious Food Waiting In Europe That Are Waiting For Americans To Try

Food in England France and Italy

217
Janel Losada

I tour different countries and cities differently than most people. I prefer to eat and drink my way through the cities instead of sign up for tours. I happen to find my way with directions easily and I know some people don’t. Although many people enjoy to take tours and go on museum tours I’ll agree to disagree. I do enjoy going to museums. If I go to a museum I like to research what artist I want to see and make a list so I can enter and leave in a reasonable amount of time. Art is beautiful, but I can’t spend my whole day in a museum especially when the time is limited in one city. I did go to Italy with my uncle and he is an art history professor and it was wonderful to have my very own tour guide. What I really love to do in different cities is get lunch or move on to dinner! And I also walk around so much that I don’t feel bad for eating so much. I also do take cabs and Uber’s.

So below are a few of the best foods I found from the three countries I visited,

The United Kingdom, France, and Italy.

I do apologize for having more photos than words, but I hope you enjoy the photos!

United Kingdom

Sunday Roast is a very typical dish in England. The restaurant is linked in the photo. Our server also mentioned this particular restaurant might be opening in New York City. Two slices of roast cooked to your specific request with greens and carrots, the potatoes were fried to perfection and the popover was delicious. I admire this English tradition. We are not English, but occasionally at home, we will have a Sunday roast. My cousin lives north of London in a smaller city named Hertford it is such a lovely city. So we visited her for her baby shower then ventured into London. London was lively as it is usually, but the new Royal baby was just born so the town was buzzing.

The dessert stop was a couple hours later as you can imagine we were so full from such a delicious meal. My friend Molly, Champagne Getaway, showed us, Bob Ricard. You must get the Chocolate special it looks like this...

but I also will not ruin the surprise and show you the after photo.

I would also like to return have dinner here! It was such a phenomenal fun spot!

Visit my friend's page: http://champagnegetaway.com

Breakfast below was so delicious and it was served with fresh berries and creme sometimes I can do without the syrup because it is too heavy. This was on the morning of checking out, of the Edition Hotel in London which is absolutely fabulous! I totes recommend you at least go in there for a drink at the bar as it is not in everyone’s budget. The architecture alone in the building is incredible.

France

French food is oh so fancy! I am not a picky eater I eat everything so I truly enjoyed it. Even snails, yes escargot. Something the French are known for and I thought it was great! If you are the type to pull out the tomatoes and the seeds you probably should stick to baguettes and crepes. Culinary is definitely an art in France and the chefs are so exquisite. I didn’t run into a bad restaurant. The dish below is a fish on a bed of shellfish quinoa. I ate this at Le Lido cabaret show which is also something you should see when in Paris. I have never seen a show quite like that one I would tell you more, but I don’t want to give it away. OH, and how could I forget the rose! I have no photos of the bottles of rose but that is okay because it was all amazing!

I felt obligated to pose with a French beret and a baguette! I have never eaten so many baguettes and croissants in my life, but I have no regrets. The photo of the pastries is from the same bakery linked in the photos of the bread wall. The macaroons are to die for as well.

I cannot STRESS enough HOW INCREDIBLE THE FRENCH BAKERIES ARE!!

Italy

EL VINO was delicious! We arrived in Napoli late and luckily our lovely host suggested a restaurant across from where we were staying. It was called La cantina di Triunfo it was such a wonderful first meal. First was the pasta, secondly, I chose fish and my mom chose steak. I wish I could have more pasta right now. I would re-live eating in ITALY any day and wine with every meal, lunch, and dinner!

I found the meat and produce of such good quality. So fresh and tasty and it seemed so organic.

BEST PIZZA ever and yes I ate the whole thing. We divided it into four pieces and got to try each other’s type of pizza!

I traveled with my family members and the four of us got four different pasta dishes. We also divided the pasta into four, that is why my dish looks like a mess, I should have taken the photo first of the individual plates. However, hunger was enabling me from thinking about my foodie post. At first, we thought it would be a lot of food to share, but no when it arrived the pasta disappeared faster than we thought. It was all that walking and museum gazing we had done to work up such an appetite.

The Amalfi coast is so impressive. This area is a bit more touristy, but since I live in Florida it was no surprise to me. Just look at the size of the lemons! When life gives you lemons make limoncello? The size of the lemons, I believe is due to the rich soil from the volcano Mount Vesuvius. Below is the bay of Napoli and Mount Vesuvius in the back.

(From left to right: Me, My mother, my cousin Miriam, my other cousin and our Art History Professor/guide Raphael)

We only spent a day in the town Amalfi I would like to return and spend a week here! Look how beautiful it is. It just takes your breath away when you arrive at the port. We were able to travel to the coast by train to a city called Salerno. Then in Salerno, we took a boat which was a pretty reasonable price about 8 Euros to the town of Amalfi. I would like to return and explore Positano and Sorrento.

I had already been to the UK and it is always lovely to visit especially when I am visiting family. I spent more time in France and that was the goal since I had never been. I fell in love with Italy and wish I could have spent more time, but I know I will return soon. My favorite food was in France and mostly Italy. That is my trip in a nutshell. the stories are also great; I can probably write a book from all the traveling bloopers. I am going to have to come up with something for my next article to top this one!

Good day, Au Revoir, Buona notte