First Dance Songs

I Asked 8 Brides Why They Used Their First Dance Song And The Answers Will Make You SWOON

Grab your tissues and your wedding planning notes.

982

I have described myself as a romantic as long as I can remember, and one of the things that come with that title is the love and fixation on all things weddings.

It's not just the fashion, the decor, or all the planning that make my Type-A personality go wild, what really makes me fall in love with weddings is how each couple incorporates their own characteristics and personal love story into one enchanting night. From little details on the centerpieces to the theme itself, the best way to determine if a wedding is a success is if a guest can look back and say "ugh, that night was so Ashley and Garret".

But my favorite individual touch a couple can put on their wedding is their choice in song for the couple's first dance as a married couple. So I asked 8 brides why they choice their first dance song and their responses will make you want to get married all over again.

1. "Come and Get your Love" by Redbone

From "Guardians of the Galaxy" because my boyfriend and I listened to this a lot when we first started dating and we're not the most traditional couple! - Ashley

2. "Here's To Us" by Halestorm

"It's one of the songs we really relate to as a couple. It's so real" - Hannah

3. "No One" by Alicia Keys

"Mainly because he disagreed with everything else I liked haha (I wanted Perfect by Ed Sheeran). He suggested Alicia Keys because he likes her voice/music and we both agreed on No One because I liked the lyrics and he liked that she's popular enough that we might randomly hear the song one day like at a restaurant or something and think of each other" - Christine

4. "Speechless" by Dan & Shay

"We choose it because it's such a sweet song and we felt like it was simple enough to dance to, especially since we both have two left feet. It made me tear up a bit when I first heard it." -Julia

5. "Good Morning Beautiful" by Steve Holy

"We went this route because he sings the words to me almost every morning to wake me up... after struggling for months to find a song we both love that suit us both i heard this on the radio driving one day and it just clicked! He loved it too and it means a lot to us!" - Tiffany

6. "Can't Help Falling In Love" - preformed by Elvis

"We hadn't even been together a year and he proposed. We both know the other is our person. We fit perfectly. There's a line in the song that says "wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you." It's very fitting I think. Plus my aunt passed away the day before he proposed and Elvis was her favorite so it's a fitting way to honor her" -Krystle

7. "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong

"I work in the wedding industry and haven't ever heard it as a first dance song, I didn't want something like Perfect I've heard a million times. And my fiancé is extremely into Louis Armstrong and all the pioneers in making black culture seen in America. And he LOVES New Orleans where Louis is from." - Brandy

8. "You Make It Easy" by Jason Aldean

"It describes our relationship to a tee and we knew from the moment we heard it together that it was the song we wanted to dance to when we got married." - Brittany