11 Best Date Ideas For Portland, Oregon

11 Best Date Spots For A Rosy Valentine's Day In Portland, Oregon

The City of Roses came to play this Valentine's Day.

19

Portland, Oregon has all the makings of a romantic comedy. The rain, the coffee shops, the quirky demeanor... the fact that Netflix hasn't made the city its rom-com central is shocking. This being said, Valentine's Day in the City of Roses is a special one, full of lovely date options.

Here are 11 of the most romantic date spots for a rosy February 14 in Portland:

1. Listen to your heart at the Oregon Symphony

The Oregon Symphony isn't just bringing you beautiful music, it's giving you an occasion to look forward to. Nothing says classy date night like symphony tickets!

2. Embrace your inner socialite at Pittock Mansion

You may not live in a mansion, but Pittock Mansion lets you pretend for a little while. Take your date to this beautiful home overlooking the city and take in the sites together. Who knows, maybe you buy a mansion together one day — better practice!

3. Make your own rom-com scene at the Farmers Market

Girl meets boy. Boy brings girl flowers from the local flower stand at the farmer's market. Tale as old as time! Nothing says "love in Portland" like a morning at the market.

4. Cuddle up during a Portland Spirit sunset cruise

An Oregon sunset on the water is shows all of Portland's best sides, just like you're hoping to show your best side to your date! Observe the city you love with beautiful skies, delicious food, and each other.

5. Fall in love at Silver Falls State Park

No matter how far you've fallen for your S.O., a day on the trails of Silver Falls is sure to bond you together. You won't be too sweaty and hey, it may rain (you are in Oregon, after all), but you'll cherish the memory.

6. Take a sip at Villa Catalana Cellars

Wine tasting is the perfect way to feel classy while taking the pressure off the evening. Villa Catalana Cellars is bringing the mood, they're just missing you!

7. Catch a show at Laurelhurst Theater

Throw it back to those first movie dates with a night at Laurelhurst Theater. There's something fun about keeping it simple and just enjoying a movie together — and hey, a theater with character doesn't hurt, either.

8. Feel extra fancy at Driftwood Room

Valentine's Day is a special occasion, deserving of champagne toasts. Thankfully, champagne cocktails are Driftwood Room's specialty so you can focus on the special someone you brought with you.

9. Let your love bloom at the Portland Japanese Garden

The Portland Japanese Garden is the perfect spot to take a deep breath and just relax with a date. Wander around, get to know one another, and snap a couple of pictures of the beautiful surroundings (and each other). Red may be the color of love, but green is giving it a run for its money!

10. Wake up with a Third Wave Coffee Tour

You're finding who you want to wake up next to every day — they need to be on the same page when it comes to caffeine. A Third Wave Coffee Tour is the perfect chance to chat, sip, and make a memory.

11. Turn up the heat at Tokio Table

Interactive dining never disappoints, and shrimp towers are ALWAYS impressive. Catch dinner that's more like a show at Tokio Table. Delicious, entertaining...what more can you ask for in a romantic date night?

Follow Swoon on Instagram.