Best Classic Romantic Comedies
relationships

10 Classic Rom-Coms That Will Make You Believe In Love Again

There's a reason they're so popular.

147
'The Notebook'

Over time, the film industry has become incredibly diverse, redefining the notions surrounding romantic comedies. While these newer titles delve deeper into what it means to be a rom-com, we can't forget the original films that shaped the genre. These films may be incredibly mainstream and in every best romantic comedy list out there, but they have that title for a reason. If you're looking for those classic movies for your next movie night with the girls or with bae, this list is for you.

1. "Sleepless In Seattle"

Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks? Yes, please. You can't go wrong with this movie about second chances.

2. "You've Got Mail"

Once again, Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks prove to be the ultimate rom-com duo. Their chemistry is undeniable in this classic 90s flick.

3. "When Harry Met Sally"

Three Meg Ryan movies in a row? It may seem repetitive, but you can't go wrong with the 90s rom-com queen. Plus the chemistry between Ryan and Crystal is undeniable.

4. "10 Things I Hate About You"

I absolutely love "10 Things I Hate About You" and can't even begin to count how many times I've watched it. Watching this movie reminds me of the high school days when my biggest problems were studying for standardized tests and hoping my crush liked me back.

5. "Pretty Woman"

This movie indeed proves that opposites do attract. Julia Roberts is ever so charming as a hooker hired to be Richard Gere's date for a weekend. The rest is history.

6. "Sixteen Candles"

What I love about "Sixteen Candles" is how incredibly relatable it is. Ringwald's character just turns sixteen and what was supposed to be the best day of her life is slowly turning into one of the worst. This is the perfect movie to watch for a little pick me up.

7. "27 Dresses"

Ah, Katherine Heigl. How I do love her workaholic/hopeless romantic character in this early 2000s movie. She may not be relatable, but she's still hilarious to watch.

8. "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days"

To count how many times I've watched this movie would be impossible. Watching Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey fall in love while simultaneously trying to win is both hilarious and romantic. This is the perfect film for your next girls night.

9. "The Notebook"

Technically, this movie contains more romance than comedy, but you can't ignore the magic of Nicholas Sparks novels. And ladies, if Noah can send Allie 365 letters, your man can text you back.

10. "Love Actually"

This list wouldn't be complete without the gem that is "Love Actually." This holiday movie is perfect to cuddle up with for the next snow day.