These 5 Cartoons Molded Me Into the Weird Human I Am Today

You never know how much the TV shows you watched as a child really mean to you until you read this article.
31

Hey everyone, so I’ve been home this summer and the TV has been one of the many forms of entertainment I’ve been tending to. Recently, I stumbled upon some classic cartoons that I watched as a kid.

To see who else can relate, I am going to share them with you just to see if anyone else obsessed with these shows too!

1. SpongeBob SquarePants.

I know. I’ve heard. This show may or may not be the best influence or serve a brilliant message to young children but you have to admit that this show included some HILARIOUS sketches. This type of comedy has shaped me into the person I am today because I used to watch this show constantly. I ADORED and still have a deep love for Spongebob. Judge me all you want for this, but it holds a special place in my heart.

2. Fairly OddParents.

Every time I see this show, I instantly begin to remember a lot of distinct memories of my childhood. In the early mornings that my Mom had to work, she would take me over to my cousin Rosemary’s house and from there, I would ride with her to school because she was teaching at the time. Rosemary always offered me a sausage biscuit and that was THE highlight of my day. The moment we’ve all been waiting for was when she turned the TV on, and Fairly Odd Parents would be the first show that played. Every single time. The fact that this show brings back these particular memories means a lot to me.

3. Regular Show.

One of the weirdest shows I’ve ever seen would definitely be Regular Show. As a kid, I was so intrigued by this show and how odd it was to the point where I actually enjoyed it. This show brought out the “weird” and “mysteriousness” in me which is pretty freaking cool if I do say so myself. It is such an artsy show and I am glad that I stumbled across it.

4. The Powerpuff Girls.

Now for me, this show is just a complete classic. I LOVED these girls who called themselves the “Powerpuff girls.” I think I even had a Powerpuff girl themed birthday party if I’m not mistaken. This show taught me to be fearless and courageous in everything I do and to stand up for myself at all costs. The whole idea and creation of this show amaze me as well, considering how invested I got into it and how much I looked forward to watching it every day.

5. The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.

Finally, this last show captivated my attention like no other. As silly and immature it was, so was my style of taste. This show has silly and foolish humor which gave me just the type of entertainment I needed. One thing that especially sparks my interest is the fact that I could never remember the name of the show but I always knew exactly what the characters looked like and what they said on the show. So if anyone ever asked me about this show, I would always tell them everything else about it BESIDES the title itself! Weird right?

As you can probably tell, these cartoons had an impact on my life and I really enjoyed watching them. I held a deep interest in TV shows as a kid because of how entertaining they were to me and how they played into my life growing up.

Do you ever think about how this type of media, television, affects our everyday lives? What shows did you watch as a kid and how did they affect your life? Now I am curious so comment below your thoughts after reading this article!