If you know me, you know I'm a throwback queen. I have more old than new music on my phone and that will probably never change. So today I'm sharing a few of my favorites:
1. "Hey Girl" by Dashboard Confessional (2003)
"Go on, go on, your cruel intentions
Won't solve your problems..."
2. "Keeper" by Yellowcard (2007)
Don't get me wrong, I love "Ocean Avenue", but I think "Keeper" is underrated and needs more attention.
3. "On Top Of the World" by Boys Like Girls (2006)
I got to hear this one live at their 10th anniversary tour a couple years ago. It's nearly impossible to pick my favorite song off this album, though.
4. "I Put the 'Metro' In Metronome" by Cute Is What We Aim For (2006)
"Style doesn't matter when you're on your back
Just remember that fact, just remember that."
5. "The Mixed Tape" by Jack's Mannequin (2005)
Featured on "One Tree Hill", along with "Dark Blue"
6. "Hear You Me" by Jimmy Eat World (2001)
Another pick from OTH. If you don't think of Jake leaving Peyton whenever you hear this song, you're lying.
7. "Watch You Fall" by One True Thing (2004)
Another band I had such a hard time picking just one song from.
8. "I Think About You Every Day" by A Rocket to the Moon (2007)
Okay, not exactly a rock song, but still a great song.
9. "I'd Do Anything" by Simple Plan (2002)
Fun fact, I actually first heard the Kidz Bop version of this growing up.
10. "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" by Fall Out Boy (2005)
I had to include one obvious one. If you were an emo kid in the mid-to-late 00's, did you lean more towards FOB, Panic!, or MCR?
11. "Dig" by Incubus (2006)
I still remember listening to this in seventh grade and making up a music video in my head featuring me and my crush.
12. "It's Not Your Fault" by New Found Glory (2006)
"It's not your fault, so please stop your crying now."
13. "Summer Fades to Fall" by Faber Drive (2007)
While it's not the end of summer yet, this is still a great summer jam.
14. "I Want to Hear You Sad" by The Early November (2005)
"For all of this, I'm better off without you."
15. "That's What You Get" by Paramore (2007)
Arguably the most iconic Paramore album, and my favorite song from it.
16. "My Paper Heart" by The All-American Rejects (2003)
"Please just don't play with me,
My paper heart will bleed."
17. "Ride" by The Cary Brothers (2007)
Okay, I swear I'll stop using songs that were featured in OTH, it's not my fault whoever did their soundtracks was good at their job.
18. "Holly (Would You Turn Me On?)" by All Time Low (2007)
"Too much of you is never enough."
19. "Nine in the Afternoon" by Panic! At The Disco (2008)
I leaned more towards FOB in the mid 2000's, but later on I was definitely more for Panic!, and this song goes hard no matter what year it is.
20. "Victims of Love" by Good Charlotte (2007)
"Everybody's hurt somebody before,
Everybody's been warned by somebody before
You can change but you'll always come back for more."
21. "Who I Am Hates Who I've Been" by Relient K (2004)
I could honestly listen to Matt Thiessen's voice forever.
22. "Boys of Summer" (covered) by The Ataris (2003)
Don't get me wrong, I love the original version of this song, but this is such a good cover!
23. "High School Never Ends" by Bowling For Soup (2006)
A funny song that you can't resist singing along to.
24. "SING" by My Chemical Romance (2010)
Okay, this one's 2010, but it's a great song nonetheless.
25. "This Is Your Life" by Switchfoot (2004)
"This is your life, are you who you want to be?"
Well, those are my picks. It was tough to narrow it down, but I hope this post was able to curb your throwback cravings. Or maybe make you want to listen to more throwbacks. Either way, enjoy some classic tunes!