10 Things Early Risers Understand Because Waking Up Early Is Better

Why everyone should become a "morning person."

85

Ever since I was little, I always considered myself a "morning person."

Waking up around seven just felt natural, and as I progressed through school, I found that being able to function at six in the morning comes with a great set of benefits.

Now, I'm not saying you have to wake up hours before the sun to get the most out of life, but just waking up early offers a type of freedom and happiness that can sometimes be hard to find.

Plus the amount of stress I've saved through getting important things done before lunch is astronomical.

So however terrifying waking up at 7 am (or whatever time you consider reasonably early), here me out because it may just change your life. Or at least, allow you to get your morning coffee ten times quicker.

1. More time in the day!!! 

Think about it, you're conscious for so much longer and it literally feels like just more life you get to experience! The secret to living longer? Maybe this is it.

2. You're way more prepared for the day

This means both mentally and physically, because you are not just rushing out the door but actual have ample time to prepare yourself for what the day has in store.

3. The coffee line is not nearly as long

We all pretend we're not addicted, but catch us every single day waiting in that Starbucks line for our morning (pumpkin spice) latte.

4. The sunrise is GORGEOUS

Won't it be great to actually see the sunrise, instead of enviously looking at pictures? From my own personal experience, waking up to watch the sunrise, no matter how early it can get, is always always always worth it.

5. The world is just waking up and it’s calm and it’s peaceful and it’s quiet and it’s yours to experience

Have you ever walked a city street during the early morning?

If not, it is something you need to experience.

There aren't too many people and it isn't too loud or overwhelming, but there's just enough activity so you don't feel like you're alone in the world.

6. You can have an actual breakfast because breakfast food is the best

Everything from waffles to oatmeal to smoothies to eggs to french toast to pancakes to grits to-well you get the idea. Basically, it's delicious anytime but even better in the mornings because there is honestly no better way to start your day.

7. Exercising in the morning is super helpful

I would do yoga in the mornings' first thing, and for me, that was extremely helpful because not only did I feel good for the rest of the day, but I also got it out of the way and didn't have to worry about fitting fitness into my hectic schedule.

8. Everyone always hates rushing to places

This one is pretty basic. Needless stress in your life? Are you a chronically late person? A combination of both? Then waking up early may be just the fix you need.

9. Get boring stuff done early so you can have fun later

Pixabay on Pexels

The reality is, not everyone gets up early so your friends or other distractions aren't as prevalent early in the day.

This gives you time to get stuff done and be productive, then be completely available to hang out or go shopping or go to the movies or do whatever you want to do at the end of the day.

10. It’ll seriously help you do better in school

A 2008 Texas University study found that college students who woke up earlier in the day had, on average, better grades than the "night owls" on campus.

So whether you've woken up early every day of your life or you are more of a "4 p.m. is basically the morning" kind of person, there is a special joy that comes with making the change to your life to get the most out of your morning.

I promise you, you won't regret it.