Benefits of Essential Oils

Benefits of Essential Oils

"A drop a day keeps the doctor away."

24
Benefits of Essential Oils

The use of essential oils have been around for centuries, dating back to Ancient Egypt. These oils can be used for household cleaning, aromatherapy, personal beauty care, and even for natural medicinal purposes. Essential oils used to be made by soaking plants in oil then filtering the oil through a bag. Today, essential oils may be bought online and at a lot of health food stores. Essential oils can be used for many different things, here are some benefits of this up and coming natural remedy.

Mosquito Repellent

Mosquitoes are obnoxious, and the bug spray that can be bought off the shelf at Wal-Mart can be even more obnoxious. Instead of spraying on a very strong, chemically smelling (and sticky) bug spray, there is an essential oil blend that works just as well. Take one drop of lemongrass oil, one drop of citronella oil, and one drop of eucalyptus oil and mix them in with a teaspoon of coconut oil. This creates a natural bug spray to apply to the body like a lotion.

Kill Pests

Just like mosquitoes, other bugs can become really irritating, especially when they get inside your home. To keep bugs away, or kill bugs that have already made homes in your home, use this remedy. Place orange and clove oil into a spray bottle and spray in the areas where there are pests, they will be killed on contact.

Reduce Anxiety

Nowadays a lot of people are diagnosed with some form of anxiety. While medications are in demand (and sometimes addicting), there is a more natural way to help control anxiety. It's simple, lavender. Lavender oil is great for helping the body and the mind to relax. Place lavender oil into an essential oil diffuser, or spray it around the house to help relieve stress.

Fight the Flu

Oregano oil has been proven to have antibacterial properties. There have been many studies showing how this oil helps to fight colds and other illnesses. Place a few drops onto the tongue and be free of the flu.

Help with migraines

Many people experience migraines on a daily basis. One way to help with the pain is through the topical use of essential oils. Here is what you need to help cure it: 1 medium sized bowl filled partway with cold water, 2 ice cubes, 2 drops of marjoram oil, 2 drops of ginger oil, 1 drop peppermint oil, and a washcloth. Place the ice cubes and oil in the bowl of water, it's okay if the oil is floating near the top. Then wet the washcloth in the essential oil mixture and place it on the patient's forehead, being sure to avoid the eyes. The washcloth can also be placed on the sides of the neck where the carotid arteries are located. This essential oil mixture can usually cure any migraine pain in just about ten minutes.