Being Your Mom Is More Fun Than You Think!

And everyone told you SHE was crazy!

17

1. Having a schedule is what makes my life go ‘round. Without it, I might as well lay down in the middle of a highway and pray not to get hit.

2. I win arguments by acknowledging that I’m always right. No matter what the issue is, no matter how heated the discussion gets, I will fight my rightness to the bitter end.

3. Going out of my house and dealing with people for more than about 20 minutes, makes me feel like this:

4. The older I get, the more I enjoy getting older. Yeah, a birthday is just a birthday to some people, but life is only getting better, and the presents just get bigger. Now I know why Mom loves birthdays.

5. Decorating my home (OK, it’s just a two-bedroom apartment), is turning more into my favorite past time. You never understood why throw pillows and candles excited your mom, but now that you have a space to make your own, things have gotten very Pottery Barn meets Urban Outfitters, and you couldn’t be happier about it.

6. My life has slowly succumbed to a life filled with only yoga pants and sports bras. My mom fondly referred to this life choice as wearing her “uniform.” I have a uniform.

7. I wear my sunglasses inside way more often than anyone not famous should.

8. Having a bad day? Shop about it.

9. The faces my mom made at me when I was little were terrifying, but now, I love scaring people off with widened eyes and my perfect resting bitch face

10. Technology has become the enemy. Every day there is a new social media app, and I'm sitting over here like, “I finally figured out how to change my background on my MySpace.”

11. Asking every person who comes to my home if they are hungry or thirsty 30 times is essential.

12. Who ever got through a day without a to-do list?

13. Frankly, “Because I said so,” is the best sentence in the human language. It used to piss me off when I wanted a sleepover with my friends, but now, it's the easiest excuse for anything.

14. Bubble baths are the most enjoyable part of my day. Although extremely comparable to naps, painting my nails and doing yoga. LOL, I am my mom.

15. Saying, “I’m too old for this,” about 10 times a day.

16. Sappy Subaru commercial? Yeah, I’ll cry.

17. AMC doesn’t play enough black and white movies anymore. If I watch "Meet Joe Black" one more time … HA! I could always watch "Meet Joe Black." Who am I kidding?

18. There is no day without coffee. Don't even wake me up.

19. Sleeping with a fan because that’s how your mom blocked out your dad’s snoring.

20. Using words like “groovy” to describe college parties.

22. Ordering a “house cabernet” at a restaurant because, well, Mom knows best.

But hey, my mom is awesome so why not turn into her?