Being The Positive One

Being The Positive One

The pressure that comes with being the positive one.

12
Being The Positive One
Huffington Post

When you are the one that is always positive and happy there is a sort of pressure that comes with it. Being the one that is always trying to uplift others and bring them out of negativity. You try your best to look at the brighter side of everything, the glass is half full more than empty. Sometimes people see one bad day with some negativity out of you, they will say you don’t practice what you preach. When being the one that is always positive, sometimes people forget we are only human as well. We are allowed to have our bad days. As much as you try, you must allow yourself to feel the other emotions. You cant be happy 25/8. To feel happiness, you must know sadness, frustration, anything opposite to fully understand where the happiness comes from.

I was conversing with someone I met at the park about this exact piece I was writing. He said it sounds like people are looking for a leader, someone to look up to. I never really thought about it like that, but that is where the pressure is coming from. The pressure is not necessarily to put on a facade to be happy all the time, but to rise above your uncertain feelings and show that you can get through trials and tribulations no matter what. It is all in your mindset and attitude towards your circumstances that make you the one that others look up to.

Being the positive one you are lighting a lantern for one while also brightening your way. There is a certain gratification that comes from being the one that is raising the spirits of those around you. Personally I think my purpose in life is to make an impact on others. Maybe not on hundreds of people, but little impacts on those that I interact with in my life time. Being the type of person I am, I love to exude positivity and happiness. Receiving feedback on how much people gravitate towards my energy makes being "the positive one" all worth it.

You have to be stronger than the negativity that comes your way. Opposites attract, emanating all the positivity that you do there will be a negative force that will try to take down what you have built. Persevere through the negative words and energies of others. Do not let it put the pressure on you and dim your light. Do not let the pressure of being the one that people look up to make you feel like you aren't allowed to be vulnerable. Know that when you do feel like the pressure coming down on you, it is only to test your strength and make you a better exemplar.