You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Be The "Immature" Friend

“Immaturity is a word boring people use to describe fun people.”
475

What is immaturity?

Immaturity is defined as the state of being immature or not fully grown.

But I want to ask: are we ever really fully grown?

We are always learning how to become a better person, or how to do new things. We are always growing, so do we ever reach a state of being “mature” or grow out of being “immature.”

We all lead different lives, and what seems normal to some of us, might be a little wild for others. Some of us grew up in an environment that we must take more responsibilities before others. Since everyone is raised so differently it affects the way we perceive others. When we see others, we assume they were raised the same as us and should act the way we do.

Don’t call me “immature” because I don't fit how you think people should act.

We need to speak to each other and learn to communicate before we jump to conclusions. We all act differently because of hidden barriers or thoughts that translate into our actions and expression.

Maybe my parents raised me differently than yours, and that’s okay. We must learn to accept everyone, and sometimes the “immature” people are the people we need most in life.

Growing up, I came from a fun and sometimes wild family. My parents encouraged me to stay young while I could. They never forced me to do things that “adults” do before I was ready. They have always encouraged me to be who I want to be and do what I wanna do. My parents do a lot for me and I love that.

They allowed me to be “immature”, but they never called it that. They called it growing up and then it just grew into my personality. Being the fun one is who I have become because of the amazing environment I grew up in. We all need to look at the way we were raised and see how it really helped shape us into the most wonderful people! That’s the marvelously think about this crazy world, we all end up so differently.

I have always been the “immature” one, but I own it. I love being the one to make everyone laugh and smile. I am always willing to do the wild things for entertainment. I’ll crack a joke in silence. I’ll make funny faces, or ask random questions. I’ll dance those crazy dances to the most annoying songs. I thinking living “immature” is the best! I can do what I wanna do and not care what others think. I really live my life to the beat of my own drum! I am an easy person to make friends with and a very loyal person, but if you’d stop on the shell of my “immaturity” you’d never know. They say never judge a book by its cover, and people are the same way!

Don't get me wrong, I do know how to act “mature,” but there’s a time and place for that. Being “mature” doesn’t have to be a thing that is “always on”. You can be mature at appropriate times and also be immature at other times. Just make sure to know when it’s appropriate to be whichever one.

When living life to create our “image” we tend to lose things that can be good for us. We lose friends and potential relationships because they might hurt our “image”. We tend to shut people out because their actions aren’t what we would do.

If you live life to create an “image” for yourself rethink next time before you shut an “immature” person out. These “immature” people can help you view the world in a whole new light, and even allow you to loosen up and gain new experiences. We all hold something different in the way we view life, and sometimes people that are different than us help us view the world in a new light. Take a chance! Branch out, it could be the best thing that ever happened to you.

If you are the “immature” one, embrace it! Don’t let others change you. People will love you for who you are, and if they don’t move on! Remember sometimes we need the “mature” ones to help us see the world a little bit more serious. Be who you are and embrace the “immaturity”. In the end you will be glad to have held onto the wild side!!

“You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.”