My Best Friends Have Fur

My Best Friends Have Fur

Dog moms count, too.
246

Sweet puppy dog eyes, sloppy kisses, wet noses and endless excitement are a few of my favorite things. I'm blessed with two very different dogs, one soft and sweet, the other protective and joyous.

Five years ago when I discovered I'd be alone for months, I decided to adopt a puppy. I was ready for the challenge and commitment I was ready to take care of another living, breathing thing.

When I first held Lucy I was in love, this beautiful beagle mixed puppy licked my face and melted my heart. Due to the clinic's policy, I couldn't even take her home that day, but I did come visit her every day after work until I could finally bring her home.

She is my unofficial emotional support dog. Lucy never leaves my side. She is loyal and smart. She can sense my feelings and knows when I'm sad. When she's sleeping, she is curled up in a ball by my side.

Second, is Pola. My all white lab mix. She was weeks old when I rescued her from my little brother. That's right, I stole my little brother's puppy. Pola was so fluffy and she looked like a little bear cub.

Lucy got promoted to big sister and taught Pola the ropes around our house. Lucy then acquired the new nickname "Momma Luce" she cleans Pola's ears and while still being the dominant dog, Lucy is submissive to Pola when playing.

Because of these two girls, I am never alone. I always have two best friends that are always excited to see me no matter what we do. Playing outside or snuggling on the couch. Their love for me will never waiver. In light of Mother's Day just passing, Happy Mother's day to all you ladies with furbabies.