Being Comfortable With Only Yourself In College

For those who like to be alone and away from others; explore and embrace who you are!

62

In college, you will meet many different types of personalities. Some are more outgoing than others, and some like to keep to themselves more. Some are more comfortable with other people around them and meeting new people, while some are more comfortable being by themselves and maybe keeping a smaller group of close friends.

People may say that those who keep to themselves more are probably not the "outgoing" type, or that they are missing out the "college life," but that's not true.

1. It's OK if you're not the type to go out to college parties.

Maybe you're the type of person where you do not find the need to go to college parties to socialize. Maybe you already have a good group of friends that you've become comfortable with. Just because you don't want to go out to college parties does not mean you cannot have fun with the friends you have already. Party the way you would like to party. Tweak it around the way you would like it. Make memories with them and do all the things you would love to look back to when you're older, so that you can laugh about it.

2. It's OK if you don't see yourself being part of Greek life.

Whatever your reasoning is behind it, it's OK. Maybe one of your suitemates are part of Greek life, and you feel like you're the odd one out for not doing so. Don't be. Everyone has their own comfort zone, and yours may not fit being into Greek life. Don't let that stop you from opening your circle a little and trying to make friends with those who are in Greek life. Who knows? Maybe you'll want to join it one day, but for now, don't let that limit you from meeting new people.

3. It's OK if you want to stay in your room and be by yourself.

Maybe you just like your alone time. But there are also many things you can go and do when you're alone. Don't just let yourself stay in your room. Explore new places. Go to the local city around your school. Search up places that you can still be yourself at and in this case, alone. Maybe you like scenery, go somewhere with a nice surrounding, gather your thoughts, and perhaps meet someone who also feels the same about alone time. Maybe you'll find a new connection there somehow. You'll never know until you try.

4. And lastly, it is OK to be comfortable alone and still be happy.

Did you ever hear of that phrase, "Loving yourself is key to your own happiness" or "You cannot love someone else fully until you learn to love yourself first?" Use your comfort zone to find out more about yourself. Find who you are. Find new interests. Maybe your taste will change, and you find that you want to do something else. Or maybe you'll find something that relaxes you aside from school work. Be comfortable with who you are, but do not let that define you or stop you from being more than just comfortable.

It is OK to be comfortable with just yourself, but it is also OK to explore with your comfortability.

Embrace your comfortability. Don't let it stop you from seeing some amazing things. Learn to take your comfort zone to another level and go on adventures with yourself or your close friends. And remember to love yourself for you who you are because that's the start of letting people love you for who you are.